Unanswered Questions

Annabeth’s P.O.V

“Zoe.” I repeat, echoing the response that was given seconds later.

The girl looked at me.

The one that claimed to be Zoe.

Her face was invisible, but if you squinted you could just make out her silver eyes.

Zoe used to have silver.

The girl shifted her position slightly and I could almost see the smirk behind the shadow that was hiding her face. I could just imagine her opening her mouth as if she was going to talk. But just before she could Chiron barged through the door and took his seat at the head of the ping pong table. 

“Take a seat please.” He said. 

All of the campers did as they were told. The soldier of Chaos, however, looked over at the boy in the middle. It was as if they could speak to each by simply looking at each other. It was kind of freaky but cool at the same time.

He simply nodded and they all took a seat.

Maybe they can talk to each other with their minds, I thought.

Even with all of these thoughts in my head. All of these unanswered questions.

One thought stood out.

A question actually.

‘What did she mean I hurt the people that she loves?’

Did she mean Percy?

Does she know where he is?

Does she love him?

Does he love her back?

I couldn’t figure it out. I just couldn’t.

I spend the rest of the meeting trying to understand what she meant.

Hours could have passed and I wouldn’t have noticed.

I felt someone nudge me at I looked beside me to see who it was. Piper.

“The meeting is over.” She said. I looked around us and noticed that there was no one here except for us.

“Oh, thanks for telling me.”

“No problem.” She says. She hesitates before speaking again, “Are you okay? Star seems to really hate you.”

“Yeah.” Was my reply.

“Do you know who she is?”

“I have a guess.”

“Zoe, right?”

“Yeah.”

“She was the girl that died saving you and was turned into a constellation right?”

“Yeah.”

It seems like that is the only thing that I could say at the moment.

“Do you really think it’s her.” She asks astonished.

“Yeah.” I say finally breaking out of my daze, “And I think one of the people that she was talking about- you know the one that I hurt?” I ask her.

She nods.

“Yeah, well I think one of them is Percy.”

“Really?” She asks.

“Yes.”

“Do you think he is in the army?”

“Maybe.”

“I mean he has the skill to be in it.”

“Definitely.” I say.

“And he has the courage.”

“Plus the loyalty.”

“He was also a leader.”

I nod.

I can’t help but notice how she said was.

“I only know one thing for sure.” I say.

“And what is that?” She asks.

“All of these unanswered questions are killing me.”

Zoe’s P.O.V

The meeting was quite boring so far, if I do say so myself. I mean all we did was sit around a ping-pong table eating snacks while Chiron welcomed us to cam with open arm. After a while of them catching us up on what has happened, which wasn’t much, they started telling us about their strategies for this war. Every once in a while someone in the army would make a comment or ask a question, but for most of the time we were quiet.

As I stated before it was boring, until a specific topic came up.

“So you guys have beat the enemies before, correct?” Pollux asks out of no where.

“Yeah.” Jason answers warily.

“Then why can’t you do it now?” Lee asks, obviously knowing the answer.

“Well, when we first fought these enemies we had a hero here with us.” Piper says, “But now he is gone. Ran away after a few horrible events happened at camp.” She continued sadly. “He was here for both wars, and played a massive part in them. Without him we honestly can’t do it.”
“It sounds like you have given up.” I comment. My voice holds no emotion, but it also isn’t cold.

“We have not given up.” Clarice says angrily.

“Oh yes, you have.” Bianca says. Her voice holds the same emotion as Clarice’s. Anger. It was obvious she still holds a grudge against her because of the way her brother was treated here before. I mean that is the fatal flaw of the children of Hades; holding grudges.

“We simply don’t want to risk any unnecessary deaths.” Piper explained calmly. She was by far my favorite camper so far. She was nice, calm, can fight, and most importantly she didn’t betray Percy.

“It’s understandable.” I say, looking at my friends. “I mean they don’t want their friends and family hurt.” I explained after seeing their confused faces.

“We can, and should, respect that.” Percy says from beside me.

“Thanks.” I say. He looks at me and smiles while nodding.

“Yeah, thanks.” Piper says. 

“So going back to the subject of Percy.” Grover says, obviously he wasn’t going to let this go. “Have you, by any chance, seen or heard stories about him?”

All my friends  look over at Percy. He should be the one that answers this question since we are talking about him. I guess he got the message because he was the one that answered the question.

“Yes we have.” He says. His voice holds finality at makes it obvious that the subject is to no longer be spoken of. “So, have you had any trills to prepare the camp for attacks from the forces of the enemies?” He asks after turning to Chiron. 

I gave the hand that I was holding an encouraging squeeze, he turned to me and smiled.

The rest of the meeting was just like the start. Boring.

After a while they stopped answering questions about Gaea and Kronos that were too specific. I can’t help but wonder why. I mean come on we are on the same side and we are trying to help you.

I guess they don’t trust us enough. Or maybe they don’t know the answers.

But I know one thing for sure:

I can’t stand all of these unanswered questions.