Not Now Nor Ever

Percy's P.O.V

Zoe left us no choice except to run after her. We all ran until we caught up to her. It may not sound like a big deal to you but Zoe can run very fast when she wants to.

"Where is she?" Zoe asks.

If I looked close enough I'm almost sure I could see smoke coming out of her ears. But I honestly don't blame her, being accused of being a spy is something serious.

"In Jason's cabin." Hazel mumbles quietly.

Obviously she didn't say it quietly enough, because within second Zoe was no longer in front of us but making her way towards Cabin one.

"Should we..." Luke trails off.

The question was obvious though.

Should we go after her?

"Obviously." I state before running in same direction as Zoe, the other following me closely.

We reached the cabin a few seconds after her the door was wide. Campers started at us as we entered the cabin, closing the door behind us and making sure it was locked.

After all of that was done I finally was able to take in the scene in front of me.

Zoe was standing in front of Annabeth, who was also standing, her eyes filled with rage and dagger in hand. Annabeth wasn't much different. Actually, they were in the same position.

"How dare you?" Zoe asks.

She wasn't screaming, but honestly that would have been better than this.

"How dare I what?" Annabeth snaps.

"Don't act stupid."

"Sorry to break it to you Zoe, but she isn't acting." Silena says from beside Beckendorf.

A soft chuckle escapes my lips before I can stop it.

Good one, I mind message Silena.

"Excuse me?" Annabeth asks.

"You are excused." Bianca says.

Choosing to ignore Bianca's comment Annabeth turns to Zoe before speaking in a voice that is somewhat calm.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"How dare you accuse me of being a spy." Zoe speaks once again.

"I did no such thing." Annabeth says, her voice is steady but her eyes betray her.

They tell us that she did do such a thing.

"Don't lie to me, Daughter of Athena." My girlfriend says.

"And if I do?" Annabeth challenges.

"That's enough."

The sound of my voice surprises me more than anyone else. I don't remember when my mind and body agreed on speaking up, but they did.

"Annabeth, I'm sure that everyone in this room knows that it's wrong to accuse someone of being a spy without any proof. And it would be very appreciated if you kept your nose out of our business. Thank you very much for your concern, but everyone in the army knows that Zoe would never do such a thing." I say, my voice hold finality and authority. Which I can tell surprises the others.

"Come on guys." Luke pipes up, breaking the forming silence, "They're not worth it. Not now nor ever."

And with that Pollux unlocked the door held it open as all of left the cabin.

Not now nor ever, Luke's voice echoed in my head. I believe him. Now I do at least, but as many of you know it wasn't always like this. I used to believe that they were worth it. I risked my life for them too many times to count. But no I kind of wish I hadn't.

They aren't worth it not now nor ever. You are right Luke.

You have been right all along.