One of You

Zoe’s P.O.V

I can vaguely feel the blanket resting on top of my hand. 

I can also feel Percy’s familiar, large, hands holding on to my small petite ones.

It’s at times like this that people learn to appreciate the small things.

Like how it feels to walk on grass barefoot. And how comforting it feels when the one you love is holding your hand. Or even the warm embrace of a caring mother. 

It’s at times when you never truly know what your destiny is that you find the good in things.

Well, at least some things.

I still don’t find the good in Annabeth. Actually, I still don’t find the good in this whole camp.

“The rest are in the Dining Hall.”

Percy’s voice breaks the eerie silence that had formed in the cabin.

“We spoke to the others. You know, before I came back here.” He spoke again.

‘The others’ that means the rest of the seven along with Grover, Reyna and Nico. It’s funny how he doesn’t even need to say their names in order for me to know that it’s them. Before we came here the expression ‘the others’ usually meant the rest of Sector A, or some other sector in the army. Some times it meant an enemy that we were trying to negotiate with.

“Anyway, you’re probably wondering what I’m doing here instead of going to eat in the Dining Hall. Well, I really didn’t feel like eating in the same room as who ever did this to you. So, instead, I asked the guys to bring me some chips or something.”

How did he even know that the person was in the camp, they could be the spy.

“While we were talking to the others Lee brought up an interesting idea. Well, no an idea more of a joke-ish kind of thing that I then turned into an idea. Lee-”

Percy’s voice was cut off by the slamming of the cabin door.

“You will not believe what just happened.” Luke’s outraged voice spoke. I must admit this took me by surprise, Luke was usually the calm one in the group; the one that kept the rest of us sane. “That little son of Jupiter”- He said the god’s name with a preppy voice, like he was purposely trying to make it sound like the person, Jason, didn’t belong here. “Said that we were overreacting. Overreacting. Can you believe him?”
“Luke calm down some. We don’t need the whole void hearing you.” Bianca’s soft voice says.

I wonder who else is in the cabin.

“Well, what did you guys try to do?” Percy asked.

I could tell he was trying to stay calm, but the slight shake in his voice gave away the true anger that the was trying to disguise.

“Nothing!” Shrieked Luke, “Absolutely nothing. And that’s the thing; we were just sitting there eating our food while silently talking to each other when he suddenly marched up to our table and said that we were over reacting.”

“Well, let him think what ever he wants to think.” Percy said, “Because soon enough he’s going to know how it feels. They all are.”

“Don’t mess with one of us.” I hear Pollux’s voice say.

“ ‘Cause once you do, you mess with all of us.” The res say in perfect sink.

That’s our motto. It has been since the start.

“They won’t know what hit them.” Percy says, “They should have known better than to mess with my Zo-Zo.”- My heart fluttered slightly when he used the nickname he gave me. “Because now that they have I’ll do so much worst to one of them.”

Jason’s P.O.V

“I think they are overreacting.” I state after Frank closed the door to my cabin.

It was after lunch and Me and the gang decided to skip training so we could meet up in my cabin.

You think they are overreacting? I was the one that got one of my horns chopped off!” Grover cries out.

“I still can’t believe that Percy did that.” Annabeth admits.

Out of all of us she was the one that was effected the most by the events that took place earlier. It’s probably because she saw how Percy, the boy she loves, got so protective over another girl. It must be hard.

“I don’t think Percy overreacted by doing that.” Hazel pipes up. “I mean, if it was you in his shoes how would you feel if someone did something so horrible to one of us?” She looked at me while saying the last part.

“I don’t know.” I admit sheepishly.

Oh, trust me you’ll find out soon enough. A voice said in my head.

Normally it would be Kronos of Gaea.

But this time it was someone different. 

Some one whom I honestly thought would threaten me.

Percy.

Hey guys! So if you haven’t noticed I’ve been going back and adding pictures of quotes to the chapters of this fanfic. What do you think? Oh, and THe Blood of Olympus is finally out! Any of you guys read it yet?