11 - You're The One That I Want

You're The One That I Want - Grease Cast

11 - You're The One That I Want

Word count: 2725

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

- Walt Disney

There will be the AN in bold that tells you when to play the song. It better to listen to it when reading the scene :)

Nice long chapter ahead :)

***

"What's your next lesson?" Hannah asks from beside me as we leave the classroom. It turns out we also have Chemistry together.

"Uh... hold on," I tell her and swivel around to face Alan. He comes to a stop a few inches from me. "Alan, would you be a good bodyguard and tell me what I have next," I ask in a sickly sweet voice, batting my eyelashes at him.

He narrows his eyes, obviously not my behavior. Sometimes I just really enjoy teasing the guy...

"Its Drama, Miss Winters." He replies and then puts his shades on. Even though we are indoors. Not that Alan minded - he actually preferred having shades on indoors. It adds to his mysterious look.

Giving him a grateful smile, I thank him and spin on my heels. Hannah raises an eyebrow when she sees my action and smiles.

"I have drama next. You?"

Suddenly, Hannah squealing and jumping up and down. She launches herself at me and hugs me for dear life. It feels like my lungs are losing oxygen but I don't tell her that. She's obviously very happy and comfortable right now, I wouldn't want to upset her.

Eventually - much to my lungs relief - Hannah pulls away. A bright smile is still on her face; her hazel eyes glimmer happily in the light. She appears so happy and content. The way she carries herself has me jealous - I wish I could walk without feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders.

"I'm guessing we have drama together?" I ask her and she nods her head furiously. I chuckle at her and start walking towards the main hall where the lesson will be.

"I'm so excited!" Hannah exclaims as we are walking. A few people stare curiously at her, wondering why she is being so loud. "Normally I find drama quite boring since my other friends don't like the subject as much and my teacher never casts me as anyone good. But now I have an amazing friend who is also a huge actress. This is going to be so great! We can wor -"

"Wait," I interrupt Hannah. She stops and looks up at me. "Did you say your other friends will be there?" I slowly ask her, cautiously, just so I know Hannah hears me clearly.

Hannah nods her head, once again, not noticing the look of panic that is probably on my face right now.

"Yeah! All of them, including my very sweet boyfriend." She answers, gazing off ahead of us dreamily.

I swallow harshly and try to stay calm. It can't be that bad, right? All I have to do is ignore them like I did in my other lessons. Simple.

If only...

We stop outside of the main hall. Hannah frowns and looks at me.

"How did you know where the main hall was? This school is very confusing and its your first day. And you came in through the other entrance meaning you wouldn't know this entrance."

Crap. Crap. Crap. I forgot I wasn't supposed to know where I was going. My stomach churns at the thought of Hannah somehow putting the dots together that I've been here before. But the reasonable part of me brain emphasizes that that's highly unlikely unless someone informs Hannah.