14 - Time To Put My Acting Hat On

Rewrite The Stars - The Greatest Showman (Zac Efron and Zendaya)

Hannah above ^^^ (but you can always imagine someone else if you want)

14 - Time To Put My Acting Hat On

Word count: 2378

"If life were predictable, it would cease to be life, and be without flavor."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

***

Hannah and I departed the cafe after I spoke with Jason. She told me she had to do some homework tonight, to which I teased that she was a little goody two shoes. I laughed harder when she didn't deny it.

Alan drove me back home and fired questions at me. The guy couldn't stop quizzing me on my friends. I told him everything I said and what they said but I left out how I felt regret for Athena and Ares. Technically, they hadn't done anything wrong. But Alan might not see it that way. So to save arguments being caused, I left that out.

When I arrived at the home, Casey pounced on me and started grilling me too on what happened. I swear the people in my life are so nosy.

"So, you had a run in with your friends and kicked ass?" Casey clarified once I finished telling her.

I shook my head and laughed at her question. "No, I didn't kick their ass. I simply...set boundaries."

Casey smirked and raised her fist. Smiling, I bumped my fist with hers and got up from my seat.

"I'm going to do homework." I lied to Casey and ran up the stairs to my room. Little did Casey know I hadn't been set any homework yet. I feel so evil.

Alan gives me a knowing look when I walk past him to the stairs. I put a finger to my lips and he nods his head. That's loyalty right there. 

When I get to my new room, I collapse on the bed, dropping my bag. I mentally evaluate how the day went, how my confrontations were and how I appeared to everyone. Personally, I think I looked amazing. But I might be biased. 

My eyelids begin to droop, exhausted. I may be alright physically but emotionally, I think I need a rest. 

And with that, I fall into a nice slumber. My dreams being filled with pink fluffy unicorns and one handsome, green-eyed boy. 

***

"You want to know something interesting?" Hannah asked me at lunch the next day. 

I stuff some salad into my mouth and nod my head. Hannah decided to sit with us again today, despite her friend's obvious wish for her to sit with them. Or perhaps, their wish for both of us to sit with them. But of course, I didn't even blink their way. 

So we're sat on the same table as yesterday, with a stoic-looking Alan. 

"The royal family, in England, aren't allowed to play Monopoly. Can you believe it?" Hannah exclaims. "I can't. My family and I always play it - it's my favorite game." 

"Wow, really?" I reply, pretending to be interested. I don't want to upset Hannah's feelings but I don't really care about the royal family. Fortunately for me, Hannah is oblivious so she doesn't notice how apathetic I am. 

"Yeah," she nods and continues. "I think that's a stupid rule. Playing the game as a family is true family bonding."

I agree with her on that. When my family and I were all close together, before Brock and I attended high school, we used to play Monopoly all of the time. At Christmas,  Easter, Thanksgiving etc. We would always argue with Martin because he would steal the money from the bank or some cards.