16 - Kiss and Kill

Bad Blood - Taylor Swift feat. Kendrick Lamar

16 - Kiss and Kill

Word count: 1924

{ A/N: this hasn't been edited so expect a few typos }

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

***

"I need to talk to you, Whitney." Lily bitterly requests the tone in her voice leaving no room for argument.

I'm curious as to why she shows so much hate towards me, especially now. She won two years ago - I left and she got Callum all to herself. Whether they are still together is a different story. Is she mad that I'm back; that I'm stealing all of her attention? If so, that is just sad. I would actually pity her.

"Okay," I answer before anyone else can respond. Athena and Ares are quick to protest, standing up when I stand up. Hannah even comes over, concerned.

Lily's eyes flash with rage for a second, as she glowers at something over my shoulder. Glancing over my shoulder, I spot Callum heading over to us, angry. Feeling a flare of panic, I quickly maneuver myself out of the seating area and speed walk out of the auditorium. I ignore Mrs. Sadies's shouts to stop, instead, I only listening to Lily's steps behind me.

Bashing the doors open, I spin around to face Lily and lean against the wall.

"So." I begin, my voice calm and soft. Acting rationally and strategically will make Lily think I'm not freaking out right now. I want to show her how she doesn't affect me anymore. I want to show her she isn't winning anymore. "What do you want to discuss?"

Lily straightens her posture when she catches onto how cool and collected I sound. Her piercing blue eyes turn to slits and she presses her lips together firmly.

"Yes." She says in a clipped tone. "I want to warn you that just because you're back all famous and all, it doesn't mean all of your friends are going to want you back. Ares and Athena are naive enough to think you can easily forgive them. Brock will soon realize your not worth his time when he sees you are still the pathetic little girl that left two years ago. As for Callum, he still wants me. He only feels guilty. He'll soon get over that and will be back with me. So stay away from him."

I stare at her, watching, analyzing. A part of my mood dampens at her words, realizing she hasn't changed at all.

Lily's stern and arrogant face doesn't falter, her determination almost admirable. She's still obsessed about Callum, even though something in her doesn't want her to be.

Whilst that one part of me is feeling down, another is feeling gleeful. Lily mentioned how Callum will be back with her soon. Insinuating that they broke up. Did he finally see how much of a bitch she is or did he do it because he felt guilty about me?

I can only ask Callum that - and I'm definitely not ready for that.

"Okay...Miss controlling queen of doucheness, whilst I admire your courage to talk to me like that, I also think you are being rude and well...downright stupid. Callum obviously doesn't want to be back with you. When you stormed in like charging rhino, Callum looked concerned for me, not you." I shoot at her, mentally high fiving myself when she scowls at me. "And FYI, I did forgive Athena and Ares because not only did they not do anything wrong, they didn't deserve to be punished. They will always be my friends. No matter what."