18 - Giving Them A Show

Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera

18 - Giving Them A Show

Word count: 2529

Early update folks because I'm busy tomorrow. Get your popcorn ready because this chapter has a lot of drama!!!

 Get your popcorn ready because this chapter has a lot of drama!!!

***

"—and he was the absolute funniest. Nobody could compare to him." I claim to the Athena, Ares, and Hannah the next day at lunch. 

Hannah's brown eyes brighten and she opens her mouth in disbelief. After listening to my talk about one of the greatest directors ever, she seems completely hypnotized by him. I revealed to them a story about when I was on set with him, one that they now find hilarious and fascinating. 

Dreamily, Hannah sighs and stares off into the distance. "I wish I could have met him." 

A bright idea suddenly comes into my head and I'm quick to announce it to the group. "Maybe you could. I have an audition in a couple of months and it's for a film he is directing. Perhaps you could tag along." 

Hannah vigorously nods her head and squeals. She pulls me in for a bone-crushing hug and profoundly mumbles 'thank you'. I chuckle at her cuteness. 

"Oh wow, this is amazing. I have to ask him for his autograph! Should I bring a pen and some paper or would he provide some? Would he even mind? Oh god, what if I say something embarrassing?! I don't want to humiliate you, Whitney." Hannah begins to ramble, too quickly for any of us to comprehend. 

"Hannah!" I call her name, raising my voice. When she doesn't acknowledge me, I repeat her name but even louder. "Hannah! Listen." Hearing the tone of my voice, Hannah obeys my command and snaps her jaw shut, placing her full attention on me. I sigh in relief and comb a hand through my wavy blond locks. "He won't mind at all. You are overthinking again." 

Sheepishly, Hannah smiles and apologizes. "Right yeah, I'm sorry. Once I start, I just get so lost that I'm not even aware I'm doing it." 

"Don't worry about it." I give her a reassuring smile. 

Hannah nods her head and picks up a chip from her plate. Ares and Athena who are sitting opposite me are arguing again. I guess some things never change. 

From my peripheral vision, I spot two tall figures making their way over to our table. My back straightens; I gloss my lips whilst trying to reign any doubtful thoughts left in my head. I can't go back now, it's too late.

"Whitney, Callum, and Brock are coming over to us. Do you want to do something?" Ares asks me, glancing between them and me. Beside me, Hannah's eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Why would Whitney need to do t—" She's cut off by the two boys stopping at the table. All eyes focus on them, whilst they solely focus on me.

Wordlessly, I nod my head, giving them permission to sit down. Callum slips in the seat next to Ares, whilst Brock bravely sits next to me.