Faethfully Yours: Chapter Two

Chapter Two

 The doorknob on the wooden door jiggled once. My breathing hitched. Curling my knees into my chest, I closed my eyes. The slight click of the lock resonated quietly. All I heard was doom. He wasn’t alone. How else would he have the key to the woman’s bathroom? The door creaked open. It was promptly shut, followed by the clicking again. Sharp footfalls on the ceramic tile ticked away at the silence, and I bit my lips, burying my head in my knees to keep from sobbing.

“I know you’re in here,” Stokaya called sharply. “Tell me who you are, who sent you?”

 I didn’t move, expecting to hear more footsteps. But, his were the only ones. He was alone. Yet, he didn’t fear me.

 “Please, don’t come near me,” I cried, curling into myself tighter. “It’s not safe! I’m not safe, I’m…I’m a monster!”

His shadow preceded him, and he came to a stop outside of the stall. “You’re not a monster, Miss O’Dean. You know exactly what you are—”

“I don’t!”

“There’s no way you can do what you just did, and you not know about it,” he growled. “Now, open the door, tell me who sent you, and I’ll consider letting you leave here alive.”

The confidence in his voice cut me deep. I don't know what possessed me, but in hearing him, a suffocating anger stabbed my stomach. Anger tore through me, my insides feeling as though I split in half that hurt Jaime.  It was this other half of me that rattled, clawed to be set free. It gnawed at my bones with a hunger that begged me to tear down that door, and take Stokaya, draining him as I did Jaime. I inhaled deeply, and, his scent of freshly cut grass bled beneath the stall door. It intoxicated me. Like a poison, whatever had been clawing at the pit of my stomach escaped and rushed through my veins until completely overtaking me.

There was a soft click. The lock to the stall door had been opened. I hadn’t done it. I hadn’t even touched it. With a groan, the door opened, Mr. Stokaya standing at the other end.

“Ivan,” I breathed lowly, only it wasn't my voice! It was a deep purr where my body eased. It was as if my body knew that in order to survive, this other half of me needed him. Becoming nothing but a puppet to her, she made me stand slowly, my eyes fixed on him. I trailed a finger up and down my arm. "I really think you should tell me what I am."

He smirked, amused.

“You think your glamour will work on me?” Stokaya leaned in closer, his lips twisted to a slow smile. "Why don't you try a little harder?"

He exhaled slowly, and the warmth of his breath hit my face like a whisper. Oh, what a delicious whisper. Something about his breath replaced the burning in my veins with an intoxicating pleasure. Jaime was nothing.

Hauling in a deep breath, I sucked in every last drop of his breath until I could no longer taste him. As if being tortured, my body trembled as my other half, this monster, clawed my insides. We both screamed. She screamed from the hunger, I screamed from the pain! But we needed him.

We.

It was no longer her and I, but We. I don't know when or how it happened, but me and this thing inside of me became one. She needed more, and I needed Stokaya to give her more of whatever it was she craved, hungered for. What hurt her, hurt me, and I had to do anything in my power to ease our pain.

Stokaya made to move back, but I grabbed him by the face and pulled him to me. The stubble under my fingertips made me quiver, but she released a low growl. To her, Jaime Owens had been a boy, but Stokaya....he had so much more to offer. Like a pleading child, I screamed to this thing that it was wrong. We couldn't do this! He was my teacher! But, taking advantage of my distraction, she thrust me aside, and took over, completely.

"Give me more..." she whispered, as she ran my tongue over his parted lips. His eyes closed briefly, but he quickly pulled my hands from his face. His grip was painful, but she laughed.

"Miss O'Dean, I suggest you get a hold of yourself--" he started but she pressed our lips desperately against his, and pried his mouth open with ours.

"Now why would we ever do that?" she moaned. I was mortified! She had no shame! But this was what she needed, and the sooner I fed her, the sooner she would go away....

  "Miss O'Dean this is insa--" he started but she crashed our lips together again, and it happened quicker this time. His energy rushed through us, and even though she was in charge, I still felt the pleasure of every stroke and every fugitive moan. But, as good as it felt...we were taking his life. 

"Stop it! You're killing him!" I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't let him go. Focusing all my energy intently on this other side of me, I pried my body away.

Big mistake.

 I crashed back onto the floor. Her furious screams blared through my head as fire washed through my veins. Screaming, I clawed at my skin, wanting to pull her physically from me but the more I fought her, the more she set my insides on fire.

 "Go! Get out of here!” I twisted away from him, scurrying to the corner of the stall. He couldn't touch me! I was a monster! Digging my nails into my arms until puncturing my flesh, I pushed back further. She had to get out!

 Stokaya’s eyes widened, a strange awareness glossing over his eyes. He looked horrified, worried…scared.

“You don’t know what you are,” he said, winded. It wasn't a question.

“I’m a monster! You need to go, please,” I cried.

"Listen to me. Focus on my voice, I can help," he spoke softly, inching toward me. But it didn't work. Keeping her in control was becoming harder by the minute and if he got closer, if she got a single touch, I wouldn’t be able to keep her down.

Wiping my warm tears, the sensation on my fingers was thicker than that of tears. In looking down, my fingers were covered in blood.

 He reached for me again--

"Stay away....please" I whimpered. That was all it took. She hated that I pushed him away because a roaring pain tore through my stomach, crushing my bones and the last thing I heard were the crunching of broken bones as she broke me from the inside, and everything faded to black.