Faethfully Yours: Chapter Thirteen

=====================================================  

Closing my eyes and losing myself in the euphoria of Ivan's consuming kiss, everything seemed to disappear into nothingness until all I heard was the sound of the ocean. The last I heard of the real world was Kheelan's fading voice saying, "Holy mother....." then his voice vanished into the gentle hushing of the waters. The whispering sound surrounded us, like a haunting lullaby of never ending waves crashing against the shore....but there was no shore. The tune of the waves seemed to continue on and on...like a song calling me out to the sea.  

In the darkness of my closed eyes, the redness slowly went away as my light gradually faded.  

A gentle wind whispered past, caressing against my skin... My skin. Blinking open, we were no longer formless, but slowly materialized until the feeling of Ivan's strong hands on my bare back was undeniable. The sheer feeling sent a current of sharp pleasure running through the very heart of me, gripping my lungs in euphoric ecstasy. Pulling away from our kiss needing to breathe, my heart stopped. Gasping in awe, I held on tighter to Ivan, so scared yet a willing prisoner of this unknown world... where were we?  

We sat embraced on crimson red sands that stretched endlessly behind us. Releasing a hand, I swept it across the sand. Expecting roughness, the red sands were smooth like satin, falling from in between my fingers like glittering water. Turning to the sea left me breathless. The midnight blue waters lapped continuously, gently crashing but receding and crashing once more, though there was no wind. The crashing sent a gentle humid mist pouring over our bodies. Meeting the dark water at the horizon was a red wine sky that basked everything in a reddish hue. There was no sun, no moon, no stars....the glow of the sky just was.  

Shaking my head in disbelief, I looked to Ivan. His eyes looked out into the ocean, filled with a satisfied awe....with an enchanting wonder....but he wasn't scared. His awe was more of him knowing or having heard of this place but finally experiencing it for the first time. Kheelan said he was a sage, he must've known where we were. His crystal eyes practically shone filled with a serenity that left me speechless.  

Thundering in my ears, my heart begged to know where we were....but I couldn't even speak....there were no words. Nothing in the human spectrum of emotions could describe how sacred everything felt.  

The breeze whispered past us once more with a humid intensity clinging to our pores. A warmth instantly spread within me, starting at my center and spreading to my fingertips like a pulsing current. Gripping onto Ivan, the overwhelming passion nearly collapsed my chest with its burning force. Unwittingly closing my eyes, I inhaled deeply, letting the air and Ivan's scent infuse me. It was intense. I wanted to tear away all inhibitions and succumb to the desire.  

Letting the craving possess me, I released my hands from Ivan, laying back into the crimson sands. As my legs slowly smooth against the cool satin, I sighed. My arms swayed, letting my fingertips absorb the smoothness, relaxing me...shutting out all thought and doubt. I should have been embarrassed or scared....but I wasn't. I wasn't Charlotte the timid girl anymore....I was Charlotte, the Fae, binding with the only man I'd ever wanted with such a whirlwind desperation....  

Kheelan said to give Ivan all of me. Well there I was. All of me for his taking.  

Lifting my eyes to Ivan, his silver eyes focused on me, darkened with the reflecting crimson hue. His raven black hair trickling over his eyes added to the madness of it all. Piercing me with his gaze, the primal look in his eyes awakened a ravishing hunger within me. I wanted him. All of him.  

Sliding over me, I tensed but quickly eased as his weight settled on me. Intertwining hands over our heads, he desperately searched my face with his eyes.