Faethfully Yours: Chapter Fourteen

"What have you done!" he growled, shaking me violently then thrusting me from him. Before I could blink, I painfully slammed onto the dusty barn floor.  

Kheelan's voice suddenly came back into hearing, "...of God"  

Wait...What? Gasping for air, and seeing Sam laying before Kheelan in the same position he was before it all started...I realized only a minute had passed.....  

Before I could process a thought, a firm hand yanked me to standing, shaking me violently, "What the hell have you done!" Ivan's angry eyes burned mine but I couldn't speak. Pushing against his chest, I tried to pry from his grip but his fingers dug deeper into my skin, "Tell me!" he roared, shaking me. Using all my strength, I ripped my arms from his hold and fell back. Scurrying back, he stormed to me but was suddenly pulled back.  

"Ivan! Calm down-" Kheelan moved between us holding his arms out but Ivan was like a manic animal. He stepped left, then right, trying to reach me. Struggling to my feet, I attempted to run, but Ivan pushed Kheelan out of the way and grabbed me by the hair, pulling me back. The pain hammered in my veins as his hand gripped my chin, forcing me to look at him but before he could say another word, the barn door slammed open. Tossing me to the ground, I hit my head against the wooden panel which sent my head into a dizzying spin. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. What was going on? 

Instantly Kheelan rushed to my side, pulling me into his arms. Thankfully, I was still dressed. I guess our bodies were never actually taken away...only our souls. But it didn't change anything... 

Smoothing my hair down, Kheelan held me tight against his body, helping me control my shivers. But it was no use. I trembled violently. The way Ivan looked at me, so full of repugnance and loathing, left me feeling so dirty. His silver eyes, so close to steel could have just as well devoured me. What the hell had I done? 

"Ivan!" Elena's voice ruptured his attention. Taking another minute to scowl further, Ivan turned to Elena who ran toward him. Behind her, an elderly man surrounded by other younger and armed men, entered. I moved closer toward Kheelan who murmured words against my head, but my hammering heart made everything inaudible. Elena said some words to Ivan then spun around slowly in disbelief. Her eyes immediately shot in my direction. Again she said something but through the sobs that unwillingly escaped me, and my ear pressed against Kheelan who covered the other, I didn't hear a thing.  

Rushing in my direction, she went to grab me but came to a sharp halt. Her eyes widened in a mix of shock, horror, disbelief and cold fury. She froze. I wasn't doing anything, and looking up at Kheelan, he looked at her with the same puzzling confusion. Only Ivan, who squeezed the bridge of his nose tightly, seemed to notice what it was that shocked her. 

Bringing a tight fist to her mouth, she shook her head slowly, "Tell me it was you Kheelan.....tell me you were dumb enough to.....to--" she couldn't finish her phrase and that's when it clicked. The way Kheelan held me exposed the back of my neck...and the marks that seared it. 

And looking at my hand that gripped Kheelan's shirt tightly, those damned marks peeked from underneath the jacket sleeve.  

"Kheelan!" she roared, "Tell me it was you!" Kheelan remained quiet. So did Ivan. Elena's midnight black eyes stabbed my skin with a hatred that was almost tangible. The silence between the two seemed to answer her question. Turning sharply, she stormed to Ivan and tore back his bloody sleeve. Gasping, she stumbled back, nearly collapsing.  

In the midst of it all, Sam cowardly ran to the group of me at the barn entrance, "Attack them! They tried to kill me! They killed a dozen of our men--" he pleaded, but no one moved. The elderly man within the middle of the men stepped forward and suddenly a slap rang through the air. Startled, I turned to see Sam bent over, nursing his cheek.