The Routine

"You have to wake up"

The ground starts to shake scaring Fang. "No. Not this again!" He tried to get up but the ground where he was sitting on cracks open swallowing Fang and everything around. The last thing that he sees is Boboiboy with overflowing tears.

"You have to wake up..."

Fang's eyes shots open as beats of sweat forms all over his body. He pushes his body upwards into a sitting position.

5:00 a.m.

Everyday that's the routine. He'll go to sleep at 12 p.m. after study hour. He'll have that same dream and in the end he'll wake up at 5:00 a.m. at the end of that dream.

Fang got up from his bed and walks towards the bathroom. The coldness of the floor didn't bother him. This is the routine. Everything is in place. Just the way it is yet he continues to negotiate with what he prefers it to be.

The cold water runs down his bare body. In the silence of the night the sound of the shower is the only thing that keeps Fang believing that he is still awake. The smell of soap and shampoo gives him a simple pleasure. He runs his fingers between hair just feeling the wet sensation. He closes his eyes and just enjoying the last seconds before he have to end it all.

He sits on his bed. His hair is still wet and drops of water remains on his skin remind him of the coldness each time a breeze passes by. He rests his head on the mattress. He takes a deep breath. "Why did you leave?"

He gets up and grabs a book on the desk next to his bed. The papers have turned slightly yellow due to the age. 4 years. A school exercise book with someone else's name on it. 'Boboiboy'. He flips the pages. Doodles, everywhere. Some of them are drawn by pencil, some by colour pen. "He did love drawing."

"Hey Boboiboy what in the world are you drawing?" Boboiboy quickly hides the book under his desk. "I don't know what you are talking about." Fang smirks and grabs Boboiboy hand and pulls it. "Oh really. Let me see it" he grabs the book and starts to flip the pages. "I didn't know you could draw." Boboiboy got up and tries to grab back the book. His face was completely red. "Fang give it back!!" "Hey can you draw me?"

Boboiboy stops for a second before shaking his head. "I'm not that good." "What you're great at it" Boboiboy's face turns redder. "No means no" he took that opportunity to grab back the book and hugs it. "Whatever. I still think they're good"

Fang stares at the pages. Remembering that moment was a pleasant feeling and a waking nightmare as he could never escape it. Since that day he constantly sees Boboiboy draw in that very book. He shook the thought out of his head. The pages continue to flip until it was 5:55a.m. This was also the routine. The last page.

The very page that brings him sadness. Unbearable. Written on the corner of the drawing.

My Annoying and Best Friend. Fang

Only tears can escape his narrowing pain in the chest.