Kimona Otowada?

The school bell rings and the students hurried towards their classroom. Fang in the other hand took his time. Every anniversary of Boboiboy's death always drains his energy even though the day just started. He can't seem to accept this reality. Even though most people in that island seem to have surpass the grief but he seems to still struggle to even say goodbye.

The rest of the day felt like a blur. The next thing he knew the day has ended. "Just another day."

"Not quite"

Fang startled to the voice of a girl. He looks next to him. "About time you notice." Right next Fang was a Japanese girl with black narrow eyes, an empty expression, fair skin and pure black pixie hair. "Kimona." "What?" Fang just look at her confused with such a foreign name presented in such a cold voice "My name. It's Kimona Otowada" The explanation clears up the atmosphere a little. "Oh. I'm sorry. Fang" Kimona looks at him on the corner of her eyes and nods once.

"No need to worry. Say can I ask you a favor?" She got up and gave Fang a cold and sharp glance. The darkness in her eyes and the emptiness in her look just gave a whole new kind of hesitation in Fang thought. "Sure what is it?"

"Can we walk home together. I'm new to this area so..." Fang immediately gets up and packs his things franticly. "Sure. Sorry give me a minute."

The afternoon is bright and warm as always yet the alley that they are walking down was cold and dark. "This is the long way isn't it? Something tells me that you don't mind." Fang startled. He realizes that Kimona had a certain behavior when it comes to interaction with other people. She seems to speak in a sudden. At first it will be quite but then her words come out sharp and clear. You'll never see it coming.

Like a machine

"I'm sorry, I troubled you." Fang tried to shake of that feeling but it feels like that she could see right through him. "It's ok. You don't look comfortable walking down that alley. As if there's something there that you want to avoid."

"No. Not really."

"You aren't human are you."

"What? What do you mean?" Fang was completely shock. Question rise inside his mind. Did Kimura sense something inside of him. Does she know that he isn't human? How?

"A human would be able to lie without fear. Well if they're human enough."

"That's poetic."

"You seem to struggle to lie so you're not really human."

"Is that a good thing."

"Very."

"Why?"

"Humans are fools that's why."

Then it was silent. So quiet. Too quiet.

The silent starts to suffocate Fang. He looks at Kimura now feeling fearful. Why? Not quite question he could answer. "Hey don't you feel like..."

"It's too quiet"

"Yeah"

"I love the quiet"

"I guess it is nice."

Fang takes a deep breath. "You were right. There's something I want to avoid. Something that I wish that never happen."

"Fang. I'm sorry"

"Hmm?"

"You can't change the past"

"Yeah. Surpassing it isn't any fun either."

They walk pass a playground. The sound of happy children dissolves their silent and thoughts. "I never thought I get to see this view again." Kimura stares into the children happiness with envy before walking away. Fang continues his journey with her. The silent this time is tense and heavy.

"We're here."

They stand in front of an old flat. The design is outdated, the paint is coming off and it just have a sad atmosphere. "So you live here?" Kimura looks at Fang and her eyes soften. "Yes and thank you for the company." Fang smiles at her before looking at his watch. "Well it's late I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow at school." Kimura nods and turns towards the stairs, she stops and call out Fang's name one last time.

"Fang"

"Yes."

"You need to wake up."

.

.

.

.

.

.

What?