Chapter Thirty Five (JJ)

*Conner’s Point of View*

“I don’t think it’d be a good idea to participate in the female fights today,” Chris told me, “There’s too much going on here- we need to get everything together.”

I nodded to her. “We still have to check out the rings too,” I pointed out.

It was near nine in the morning, and most of us were huddled together in the living room, talking about what we planned to do.

“We have a few of us going over there tomorrow- Chris, Dylan, Jadyn and Isaac- for a meeting with three other fighters,” Seth said, “They picked only a few of us or we’d all be going to watch each other’s back.”

I nodded again as Tyler came in the room, frowning.

“Kevin says he heard the fighters have a lead from Ironarm- he’s the one setting up the meeting tomorrow,” he told us.

“Who did he say it was?” Nathan asked; Tyler shook his head.

“We’re not sure, they’re just following him.”

Jadyn mumbled under his breath and I heard a vague fucking shit underneath the grumble.

“This is so stupid!” Seth raged, stomping out of the room.

“What can we do today?” Jadyn asked.

“I’m going to get Seth to take me to the rings today to see who’s doing what,” Chris said, “Some of you need to check out the place where the fire happened, but don’t get too close; the police are probably still all over it.”

“I’ll go with you,” Dylan said.

“And Nathan, Jadyn and me will go to the old warehouse,” Tyler said, looking at me, “You coming with?” I nodded.

“Haley and I can search the alleys around here- I’ve seen fighters get together for drugs and treachery before, but they get together to gossip too,” Sam said, “Ally can come with us.”

“Take a guy with you- I don’t trust anyone right now,” Isaac said.

“Why don’t you go?” I asked him. “I want to check out the rings. I have a few people there who have more connections than you can imagine,” he told me, walking to stand by Chris and Dylan.

“Then I’ll come- be careful at the warehouse,” I told Tyler. He nodded. “You too,” he told me.

“Every group got a phone?” Nathan asked. When everyone responded with a yes, he nodded.

“Then we’re off,” he said, “Be careful, stay in touch.”

*Chris’s Point of View*