Chapter Forty Eight (WW)

So sorry about the long wait!! Here's a new chapter though :)

*Chris’s Point of View*

When I woke up, it was a get-out-of-the-house day.

The address from the fighters at the Rings was helpful, but we didn’t want to go unarmed. So we were going to wait.

And waiting without a distraction was practically asking for stupid impulse action.

So instead, we were taking Jake out for the day.

He wanted to see a movie, but the real fun didn’t start until after it was over.

Chuck E. Cheese wasn’t that crowded.

As soon as we pulled up, Jake couldn’t keep his mouth shut if his life depended on it.

“We’re going to Chuck E. Cheese?” he demanded. “I love this place! I wonder if any of my friends are here! Do you think they’d play with me?”

I was laughing as I picked him up and carried him to the doors piggyback style, letting the man stamp our hands.

Jadyn and I ordered pizza- pineapple and ham, since it was Jake’s favorite- before finding some games to entertain ourselves.

“I bet I can beat you at ski ball,” he told me, grinning slightly.

“I bet you can not,” I answered, cocky for all I was worth.

I was good at that game.

Dylan laughed and chipped in, “I’m rooting for Chris.”

Nathan sided with Jadyn, and laughed when I playfully shoved him and called him a traitor.

Haley joined our ski ball fight as well, grinning slyly as she took the first ball and made fifty points off the bat.

Jadyn made twenty and I missed and received ten- to which Dylan and Nathan started laughing to death.

I redeemed myself though, in the next two balls, and by the end, I was grinning ear to ear.

“340,” I told him, smirking, “How much was yours?”

“280 isn’t bad,” he defended.

“It’s better than mine,” Haley grinned; she’s gotten a hundred and ten- her first shot had been a lucky one.

Laughing, we moved on to the next aisle of games and fun when Haley grabbed my arm and sucked in a breath.

“What is it?” I asked her, following her gaze.