Chapter Forty Six (UU)

Update (:

*Chris’s Point of View*

School was slow, but Roary wasn’t there. Nothing eventful happened at all, actually, until about two hours after school let out.

Kevin dropped by and let Jake tackle me before running right for Seth, Dylan, Nathan, Tyler and Jadyn.

“I’m still looking for a real name and an address for him,” Kevin told me, “Also, he has recent violence prosecutions, I hear. I’ll look into everything I can.”

I nodded and then bit my tongue against the next question.

“He’s doing just fine, Chris,” he told me gently. I felt the knot in my stomach untwist and I nodded again, smiling.

My dad was okay.

“Are we keeping Jake for the evening?” I asked Kevin, who was grinning.

“I don’t think he’ll let me take him,” he confessed, “So I guess he can stay the night.”

I laughed and shut the door as he went to his car and went back into the living room.

Jake had somehow already started a game of twister.

“I’m joining!” I grinned and waited for the next spin: right hand green.

Jake’s hand snaked underneath me to touch green while I rested on my knees.

“Left foot yellow.”

That was easy for me; Nathan spun again and it got a little more complicated.

“Left hand red.”

I ducked under Dylan and Jadyn both to touch it and felt Dylan trying to pawn some of his weight on me to get me to fall.

“Cheat,” I declared, indignant.

He laughed at me and kept trying to push me down until Nathan called, “Left foot blue.”

Jake beat me, but I beat Dylan.

Over all though, Jadyn beat all of us.

The next game we played was Go Fish, but Jake creamed us with ten matches.

When we went back to Twister, Nathan joined us and Haley took to spinning; she’d waltzed in during Go Fish and demanded to be dealt in.

The round of twister quickly became a challenge between Jake and Jadyn and, when Jake fell, I laughed at his expression. Disbelief and outrage.