A Path Turned Difficult

I dont know what to call this also I tried to make it go one way but it took a different turn as I wrote. Also, I just got done with testing! Well, I have one more left and I have some homework to do but ya know I had an idea so I wrote like half of this at my school party.

Just to be clear: I DO NOT OWN GILMORE GIRLS AT ALL!

This is where Rory is at the internship at the Stanford Gazette with Mitchum Huntzberger and tells her she "didn't have it" but that didn't happen in this one shot. Anyway, stop reading this and read the story!

---

Rory was sitting in a chair next to Mitchum with her notepad and pen. They were in a meeting where all the editors and head of the Gazette talked about the layout and stories. It was free for all idea brainstorming meeting.

Rory was taking notes, she wanted to speak, but she didn't think it was her place.

That's when Joe, a friend Rory made after a week of being there, asked for her opinion.

"Rory? Do you have any thoughts for the byline?" Joe asked.

Rory's head snapped up, Joe gave her a knowing look.

He knew she had some ideas, a lot of very good ideas.

"Um... Well, there is a new sanctuary being built near Cape Cod for the bottlenose dolphins. There have been many fishermen on boat going out and hunting them, so Aqua Life is trying to save them from being extinct. My dad donated a lot of money for the cause and his Law Firm sponsors it, along with Gilmore Insurance." Rory said smiling.

"Hmm... saving the dolphins. I like it." Sarah, the features editor said.

"Who is you dad? If you don't mind me asking. You only mentioned his law firm." David, the layout editor asked.

"Oh, I don't mind at all. My dad is Christopher Hayden." Rory responded.

She momentarily forgot that her boyfriend's father was sitting next to her.

"Your father is Christopher Hayden? Son of Straub and Francine Hayden?" Mitchum said with blank expression on his face.

Rory stiffened.

"Yes, that's him." Rory said with a short nod.

"Hm." Mitchum hummed as he started to think.

"If your family is very high society, how come we don't see you around at events and all that?" Kenneth, the sports and entertainment editor questioned.

"Oh well, my parents wanted to raise me in, but out of society. So I halfly live in Stars Hollow, a small town, and Hartford. I'm going to Yale right now though."

They all nod, but Mitchum is still frozen in his seat.

"Alright, well meeting dismissed." Mitchum said standing up and exiting leaving everyone in the room still.

Joe makes sure that he was out of ear shot and then Joe turned to Rory.

"Do you have the story?" Joe asked.

Everyone looked confused.

"Right here Joe, and here is some pictures too." Rory said handing him a red folder.

Joe takes it and smiles.

Rory then gets up and leaves to hurry and catch up with Mitchum.

Joe reads through her story and smiles.