Past Comes To Haunt

Not entirely sure how this would progress... I may consider putting this up for adoption by anyone interested but... idk... who knows.

Rory's past loves and friends have somehow comeback in her lives, society and work. In dreams. Her mind goes over how she's being treated by everyone and wonders what would've happened if certain things went differently. Especially Logan's proposal. It's not like she's never thought about it, but if her world becomes a crashing reality of love, loss, hurt and hope... What will happen when she realizes she's not the only one with these haunting dreams?

Rogan.

I walk into the party at my grandparents. I didn't want to come, but as the Heiress it is a requirement. The Gilmore Christmas Party was in full swing, everyone was mingling and drinking -- what I would assume as a very heavily spiked eggnog. Not that I don't like it... okay no, I really don't like it, I just prefer a gin martini with a twist. I head to the bar seeing as my grandparents were talking to what seemed as some old friends. I hope I don't get caught, it would end up me being dragged across the room to meet "suitable" men. I have dated. Plenty. Well, not exactly. As I make my way to the bar my guard is up and I'm on Emily alert.

"Martini with a twist please." I say glancing around, not looking at the barkeep.

"Gin or - Rory?"

I snap my head to the direction of my name being called only to meet eyes of a former friend.

"Marty?" I said in disbelief. When did he become a bartender?

"Uh, yeah. Hey. I heard you were becoming a very successful journalist. Congrats." He said uncomfortably.

"Oh, thanks. I'm actually an editor now of the NY Post."

"That's great. So... gin or vodka?" he seems really nervous and I'm not very comfortable around him or this bar anymore. Looks like this will be my only drink.

"Gin, please." I said automatically, I might as well make small talk while I wait. This is very awkward. "So how's the business?" I ask seeing the the label 'Owner' above his name.

"Oh, it's good. I get great tips. Covering for one of my bartenders, he's sick." I nod at his short answers. We were welcomed to more awkwardness. He slid my drink over to me.

"Thanks." I say and rush off, he gave a curt nod before helping the next person.

As I walk over to the other side of the room and I glance back to see if Emily saw me, when I was bumped into by someone. At least my drink didn't spill all over me. I thought in relief, but before I could stop myself I snapped.

"Excuse me." I snap only to realize who was there.

"I'm so sorry. This is my first - Rory?" Dean said surprised, though a grin grew on his face.

I stiffened. This is not how this night was supposed to go. I was only to make my rounds then leave. That's it. Not this. Definitely not this.

"Uh, hi Dean. How are you?" I asked avoiding eye contact.

"I'm doing well. Jennifer, my girlfriend, brought me here to this party. I didn't expect it to be a high class thing. But I guess that explains why she had me rent out a tux."

This is weird and uncomfortable. I don't like this. Not at all.

"Oh, well at least your happy. That's good. Um, well I need to make my rounds." I say awkwardly and walk away as fast as I can.

"Rory!" a loud feminine voice rang, I turned.

"Honor! It's so good to see a friendly face." I sighed happily and glad I got to someone without it being awkward, we hugged. It was great to see Honor again after... everything.