Unexpected Help

Takes place after New Hampshire in the revival. Rory tells Lorelai and gets an unexpected answer. Rory runs away to an unexpected place that no one would guess. A day later everyone is panicking and Lorelai feels bad.

****

Sitting on the steps of the gazebo in the early dawn of the day that Lorelai and Luke are supposedly getting married, even after they already got married the night before.

Rory and Lorelai sat in silence. Rory had her personal phone in hand and a champagne bottle next to her that she didn't even touch, looking at the town she has grown up in with a tinge of sadness in her eyes. She knew she shouldn't of said no to Logan all those years ago and she knew that the Vegas deal was not what she wanted and she knew that saying goodbye to Logan that one last time was tearing her apart more than she knew. She knew all of these things, but the fact of how she felt to be pregnant and unmarried and the fact that she has to tell her mom and everyone about the baby scares her. The disappointment from everyone is what she feared, but mostly her mother's reaction is what scared her the most.

Lorelai was currently sipping champagne from last night. One bottle empty and another halfway. Lorelai scanned Stars Hollow, seeing it in a new light that she has never once seen before. She felt the nervous energy from her daughter and wanted to know what was going on in her head. She needed to ask, and so she did.

"Hey kid, what's going on in that head of yours?"

Rory was silent for a minute.

"I just want to remember it all."

Lorelai was then silent for a few minutes.

Rory's phone then buzzed, she looked and saw it was from Paul. She sighed.

"I can't believe I did that to him. I'm a horrible person."

"Who?"

"Paul. He just broke up with me over text. I deserved it though, after the way I treated him."

"Sweets, if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be."

After a few moments of silence, Rory picked up all the courage she had left and decided to tell her mom the news.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

Rory hesitated.

"I'm pregnant."

Lorelai looked over at her daughter, mouth dropped in shock.

"Mom?" Rory asked wearily.

Lorelai was silent, the news sinking in.

"Please say something."

"I - I don't know what to say here Rory. It's a lot to take in.... but how could you be so irresponsible? I told you to not to be like me. This... this is just too much, I - I can't deal with this right now. I'm gonna go. I'll see you at the wedding. I just - I need some time to process this. In the mean time, I don't want to see you." Lorelai says and sets her now empty glass down next to her and brushes off her dress and starts walking away.

Rory had tears in her eyes, she was speechless. She sat there with silent tears falling down her face. She turned to her phone. She went to her contacts and scrolled down to the letter L. She needed someone to talk to, so she clicked to call Lane. Except the thing about that is she, unintentionally, clicked the wrong number.

"Well, well, well Ace. I didn't think I'd ever get to hear your voice again. Tell me, why are you calling me considering we just ended our deal a few lovely weeks ago." An all too well familiar voice answered.