A Different Beginning

I do not own Gilmore Girls.

For some reason I'm always writing the scenario of Rory being or becoming a Hayden. I dont know why but I guess it's just that that's what should happen or at least be family to the Haydens ya know what I mean?

Well anyway, this starts out where Logan and Rory meet. The 1st time.

---

(Her style is different btw more society then small town girl but still the same Rory)

Rory was getting coffee with her friend Marty.

She was wearing her favorite blue knit sweater, dark blue jeans, black ballet flats and her ivory scarf. Her hair down to her mid-back in natural curls.

She was helping Marty with something for business class, and for a thank you he asked her to go get a coffee with him.

They were in an awkward conversation.

"I'm not joking, my dad was relieved that I wasn't his."

"No way."

"I'm serious, I heard him say 'whew'."

"Wow."

"So how was your summer?"

"Oh, uh ya know... it was fine."

"Ror- ..." Marty was cut off by someone bumping into him.

"Hey watch where you're going." A light brown haired boy said.

"Oh, sorry." Marty said backing away.

And there before stands a blonde guy  with a girl hanging off his side and his two half drunk and most hilariously idiotic friends standing aside.

"I mean really you didn't see me there?" The light brown haired boy spoke again.

"Not everyone is staring at you Colin." A tall Aussie boy said coming up to stand by the light brown haired boy.

"Hey, I know you." The blonde boy said to Marty.

"Yeah, I bartended for last night." Marty said.

"Oh, that's right."

"This is Rory." Marty introduced.

He looks over to Rory, "Hi."

Rory was glaring at him the whole entire time, unnoticed.

"Well, we gotta get going. Are you available for Friday night?" The blonde asked Marty as he walked away.

"Uh yeah."

"Great!"

And they walked away out of ear shot.

Marty turned to Rory, "I kinda hate those guys."

"Well then I wouldn't be one to talk to about that."

"What?" Marty asked confused.

Rory's phone rang.

Caller ID says Nana Francine.

"Hey nana, how are you?" Rory asked and stepped away to answer her phone.

"Oh Rory honey, I'm great. How about you?"

"I'm great nana."

"That's wonderful. Now for why I called."

"Nana, please don't tell me another set up dinner. You know how that last one went."

Francine laughed lightly on the other end, "Oh yes. That was entertaining."