Last Shot

Roughly 6 months after the disastrous proposal. Rory is on the campaign trail, being miserable until the one rally in Manhattan. Logan is out in California, his tech company, RMG, is very successful - however he's been coming to New York more recently for business meetings to bring a company under their belt.

[been working on this for a LONG time]

***

Rory was at the rally in Manhattan she was taking notes on Obama's speech and then had an exclusive interview with him the next day. Nobody really knows why, but she ends up getting all the interviews with the Obama family. But between her and Hugo, she knows she's requested; that it was her who interviews and writes about them. However, this rally was weird. There was an odd feeling in the air. Rory ignored her gut feeling thinking it was just nerves that her piece was going to be the biggest one yet. That was until a gunshot was heard. Rory started to panic as screams were heard all around her. More gunshots came and people started to run. She looked around trying to find her group of reporters to no avail. Then she heard her name being shouted over all the screams. It was Hugo. She started to move towards the voice when she saw a scared little girl lost in the mix of all the screaming people.

"Hey, are you okay? I'm not going to hurt you." Rory said softly.

The crying girl looked at her, then she hugged Rory.

"Let's go somewhere safe okay?"

The girl nodded.

Rory guided the little girl to where she thought her campaign bus was. When another 5 shots cut through the air. Rory guarded the girl for precautions, and she was glad she did. Rory was shot in her back.

There were no more shots after that. She had taken the last shot.

Rory's body went limp and slumped to the ground in pain, the little girl screamed in fright and tries to wake her up.

"Lady! Lady! Wake up!" The girl cried shaking Rory.

Rory tried but she was tired.

The little girl looked frantically around at the now mostly empty area, sirens were faintly heard. She then went to Rory's purse and looked for a phone. Once she found it, she called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 What's your emergency?" A woman's voice spoke in the phone.

"Um a lady saved me from dying and now I think she's dying." The girl whimpered.

"Okay, I will send an ambulance. What's your name sweetheart, and do you know where you are?" The woman said being calm.

"Um... My name is Angela Leigh Grace Williams and I... I think it's something like Man-hat-ten... u-um... I don't know where my mom is... She said something about a rolly? And... and presses? Uh... I don't know... There's banging an-and screaming. Does - does that help?" The girl said in a wobbling voice as she silently cries.

"Yes. An ambulance is on their way. Now can you identify this lady that saved you and keep her awake for me? Don't hang up okay? It's going to be alright."

"Okay... um..." the girl kneels next to the lady on the ground that had shallow breaths.

"Lady! Lady! Wake up! Help is coming!" She cried shaking her awake.