Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Her blonde tresses were pinned up together carefully, flowers braided atop as they mimicked a crown. Looking in the mirror she felt giddy at her appearance. Charlotte Cecil was finally getting married and on her own accord as well. The thought of spending the rest of her life with Jonathan painted wide smiles upon her face. And red colored her cheeks the more she thought of him. It was scandalous to think about the amount of times they had sneakily spent their evenings together.

"WHAT A WONDERFUL LOOKING BRIDE," Fanny boomed loudly as she patted her grand daughters head lightly.

"I am your grand daughter after all," she remarked with a laugh.

Although Charlotte had no father to walk her down the aisle, those duties were given to her brother instead.

"Stunning," William remarked in the sincerest of tones.

"You're looking dashing too." Charlotte murmured.

"You look like mother," William said quietly.

"And you look like father obviously."

William stifled a cough.

"But thank you really for putting up with your favorite sister and all her beautiful attributes." Charlotte smiled.

"Even if you're a pain, you're not my problem anymore," William rebutted with a smile.

The ceremony went as planned, quick but memorable as their family and friends celebrated the event with fervor. It wasn't until nightfall did the pair share their company privately with one another.

3 Months Later ...

Jonathan's lips pressed against Charlotte's forehead as he admired her - every part of her. In the glow of the moon, god, she looked ephemeral. His fingers brushed against her skin, sending shivers down her spine. But unlike previous night's, Charlotte looked more nervous than usual.

"Are you alright?" He was worried. Perhaps there was something wrong. Was it something he had done?

Charlotte nodded her head as she bit down her bottom lip, staring at him as he held her in his embrace.

"Truly, Charlotte?"

But even though she shifted her head up and down, the paleness of her skin betrayed her.

"Are you sick?" He brushed his hand against her temple in worry, "perhaps I should call for a d-"

"Jonathan, my love. I'm fine." She held onto him tightly by hands, gently bringing his palms into hers. She looked at him with her doe eyes, innocent but nervous too. "I think I am sick but not in a bad way, sick as a blessing in disguise." She fumbled with her words before batting her lashes again. "I think I'm with child."

Jonathan had no words to say as he gazed at her incredulously. "Really? With my child?" His voice hoarse.

"Well who else could it be?" She sighed with playful annoyance.

But Jonathan didn't say anymore as he dropped to his knees, his lips pressing against her abdomen as his arms wrapped around her waist. He was going to be a father and he was beyond ecstatic. "Ours." He murmured as he pressed his ear against her stomach as if he was anticipating a kick.

"I think it's too soon for it to be active," she giggled.

He picked her up in the most careful of manners as her arms looped around his neck. He supported her with the strength in his arms and gave her a small spin.

"I wonder if it'll be a boy or a girl." Charlotte murmured. "If it's a boy, I hope he's as strong as his father," her cheeks blushing.

"If it's a girl, she'll be beautiful and intelligent too." His smile revealing those familiar dimples that Charlotte adored.

Jonathans lips met hers tenderly, molding against each other slowly as if to savor each other's scent. He broke from her only to speak with a hushed tone, his voice dropped low and husky as he stared in his wife's eyes, "no matter what the child is. I'll love them as much as I do you."

Charlotte nodded with a grin, her fingers raking through his hair as he brought her to their bed. This perfectly sculpted man was hers alone, and she could feel her breath escape her lips with a sigh. The evening cascaded around their two forms as the candles were extinguished in the dark.

A/N: Well this is officially the end for Chasing Charlotte. Quite frankly I'd love to continue the series but with these past couple of months things have been very stressful for me. (The general gist comes down to recovering files and also other financial problems) It means a lot to have your guy's support though so thank you. I don't know if I'll continue this series as I originally intended or write something new. We'll see but until then, thank you again~