Part 1: The clique

" That one will certainly turn you on the whole night " James remarked elbowing me. I followed his gaze just below our hostel's balcony quick enough to see a figure disappear behind some wall. We had been standing there a whole hour studying girls' movements to and fro their adjacent hostel.

We had not made a move the entire time just to satisfy our theoretical assertion otherwise dubbed as 'optical nutrition'. This meant that we had to admire and comment on their physical attributes and stifle our urges for them.

Chasing females had become habitual and always spelt fun. It would sometimes land us to the untold but we somehow managed to find ourselves out of trouble. James was among the best in wooing females within our clique.

We had adapted a bro code which spelt our operations.

The code stated that there were to be no commitments and the longest a bro would stay with a girl would be one week.

Relationships were not considered worthwhile by the clique.

So to say,within a month a clique member would have dated approximately four girls at the lowest.

This, among other codes had earned our clique acquaintance within campus. It had served us mixed opinions which we barely spared attention to.

"Hey man, maybe we should start with those two" I smirked looking at a pair of girls.

"That would probably earn us five years each in the court of conscience" James said laughing.

The particular pair wasn't within the clique's standards. Oh i didn't mention this code. Each clique member would strictly date a beautiful girl. Not that we didn't have some humanity in us only that we couldn't care.

Each week a clique member would present his new catch to the rest out of routine. Those unlucky to solicit one would feign reassurance of brighter weeks ahead.

My mind was trained at getting the best this particular day. I wanted to defend my title within the clique as the wolf that i was. My consistence at switching mates had a earned me a high end reputation. The whole point of the clique was chasing girls. A sweet vice if you could ask.

"Here comes my favorite part of the day" James said motioning towards some girl. She was of medium height and her looks were charming. James never lost at that. He was already by her side talking incessantly. The look on the girl's face registered amusement. I could bet a million dollars that she was already biting on the bait. Lucky bastard.

I paced within the precinct slowly scrolling through my phone. Nothing interesting was happening at the moment. Boredom was slowly soaking in when i noticed her. She stood by her hostel's entrance typing something on her phone. I could tell by far she was waiting for somebody.

Her looks were stunning and her dressing compounded it all. Damn she looked hot. My heart skipped a beat as i contemplated on how to start a conversation with her.

I wasn't acting normal and my heartbeat could attest to that. Never at one time had i become so nervous over a girl. I had dated way to many girls to become nervous. I feigned courage and traced my steps towards her. Tension was building up in me with each step i took to her direction. I swear my knees were beginning to buckle.

"Hello,am Jake" I said nervously extending my hand towards her.

After what felt like ten torturous minutes she looked up from her phone met my hand with,

" I'm Lisa and right now am not in the mood to talk "

Wtf

For a moment i assumed a scarecrow pose and almost drooped over. Who the hell does this bitch think she is? Before i could regain my composure she walked off towards some room which i guessed was hers. She had already pissed on my ego. Thank heavens James wasn't around to witness the humiliation. That would have been the talk of the day.

My palms were beginning to sweat and i folded my fists in annoyance. I almost doubted my stance at the moment and started thinking it was all surreal. I was acting as if my whole life depended on her. Well,it kind of was starting to.

Our brief conversation replayed in my mind with a tinge of sarcasm on the I'm not in the mood to talk part. Bitch!

Why was i even lingering over there? What the hell was developing inside me? I could overrule anything which bore resemblance to love. I didn't love her. Did I? I did. No i didn't. I reassured myself hesitantly.

Still nursing to my wounded ego, i noted something and retraced my steps out.

Room no. 44.

The first part of the story is noticeably short. It will get longer with each update. Click on the star at the bottom and comment with anything you may want me to add. Thanks.