Part 8: Betrayal

"We live in a generation of not being in love and not being together but we sure make it feel like we're together because we are scared to see each other with somebody else"
-Drake

                            Lisa
The sight before me was totally incredulous and interesting at the same time. I hadn't seen this coming. Seeing Mary kneeling before Jake triggered a thousand possibilities of what had happened or was brewing. One possibility reigned though. Freaks.

This wasn't happening.

Jake's shirt had been ripped off some buttons and it was creased. My sudden intrusion had served them surprise and for a minute they had  maintained their poses. As in Mary kneeling as if at worship and Jake looking at her with a resigned expression. Mary looked distraught, something comparable to a scene from a sad movie.

Caught in the moment.

My presence had then interrupted them with Mary suddenly taking to her bed and Jake still standing and wearing a guilty expression.

"Well, seems like i am interrupting a potential scene play" I said forcing a sneer.

For a moment nobody answered. They looked at each other then Jake at me.

"It's not what you are thinking" He replied clenching his teeth.

He was clearly ashamed and somewhat defenseless. I ignored the jealous that had already creeped on me the moment i encountered them. So to say,i honestly had feelings for this Jake guy only that i couldn't show them yet. I wanted him to try harder and not give up on me. It was bound to be a test. My relationship with Sebastian was just a hook on and not really a lovers type. I knew he took it seriously oblivious of my stand. I was actually acting to be in real love. In short i didn't love Sebastian.

My displeasure at that moment was almost entirely directed at Mary. Conniving bitch! We had discussed a day earlier about my relationship with Jake and how i wanted to play hard to get to him. She had vehemently approved my plan and even fed me with ideas on how to do it. She had even gone ahead and tainted his name branding him a potential player. I had almost believed her open distaste for him. And now. Bitch!

Jake started approaching me with both hands clasped. His face was a mess. I could read resentment on it. He was actually cute even with the sad expression. All the time he had visited my room i had paid him curt and secretive glances and each time i did that i felt a sudden jolt. I could easily embrace him and shout that i really did have interest in him but some kind of undefined ego could restrain me.

Confession.

I loved Jake.

"I'm sorry Lisa,this was not bound to happen,it's just a mistake".

He was now a few inches near me. I could feel the remorse in his voice. My heart was more than willing to call it shots and actually embrace him emotionally but...but my ego was holding me back. A lump,inspired by my stupid ego, formed in my throat and i retreated backwards signalling with my middle finger.

"Fuck you all! What a shame,you are just two stupid fucks!"

Honestly this is not what i had intended to say. It just involuntarily left my mouth. It was potentially going to cause much harm than intended. I was losing my mind. Jake just stood there as if electrocuted. His eyes pierced into mine making me feel guilty for no reason. Mary on the other hand had her face covered in the sheets. She was sort of ashamed.

I gave her a venomous stare. I suddenly hated her. I had counted her as a genuine friend owing to her usual advises for me. She had actually fought to make me blend with her ideas. She was behind my subjecting Jake to a hard to get position. I had no idea she was scheming behind my back.

"Mary i don't believe you actually did this to me!" I shouted.

She looked up from the sheets and gave a mischievous smirk,

"You are too dumb to notice that he is not interested in you!"

This punched me right on my face. This bitch was so daring. She was all of a sudden cold and scheming. My hands balled into fists and my breathing went hysterical. I was about to pounce on her when Jake stood in my way. He held me back.

"Enough of drama for today girls, hold yourself together Lisa!" He said reassuringly though it sounded patronizing. His touch on me was already giving me a butterfly effect. It felt wholesome yet not enough. I felt like begging for more but the situation couldn't allow. He was sweet. For the second time that moment i whispered love into his ear. Inaudibly.

Just then i let myself loose from his grip and assumed my bad bitch stature. I moved back a few steps and let my hands by my waist. My ego was steering me.

"You are such a wicked traitor Mary! I hate you!"

She stirred as if in movement then,

"Get your stupid ass off my business! You know too well Jake does love me and he actually confirmed that today. We just made love bitch! Ask him!"

I rolled my eyes towards Jake. He seemed unmoved by her taunts. This was guy was a real ass. I twisted my neck letting my hair to fall to one side. My sexy and convincing pose. I then traded him an inquiring stare. This tapped his lazy vocals. So he had actually made love with Mary. Damn!

"Correction! She forcefully made me engage in an illicit affair with her!" Jake exclaimed.

This sounded laughable. It was actually a rude joke. Mary's reaction was equally interesting. She jumped off bed and slapped Jake hard on his left cheek.

Drama.

Jake stood rooted to the spot unsure of what to do.

Mary's act angered me.

We stood close to each other. Hands balled into fists. Traitor!

I made the first move.