Part 11:Betrayal (extended)

Mary
Felt like a dynamite exploding all over my face. Pangs of pain swept through my visual and for a second i lost my ground. She had carefully placed a heavy slap on my left cheek which judging by its magnitude, weighed of anger and total loathing. It happened so fast i didn't see it coming. I cupped my cheeks on impulse probably to avoid a second blow. I had never seen Lisa go hysterical.

"Nobody messes with Jake,i owe you more reprimands bitch!"

My auditory resources were on a temporal leave or how were i to explain the cricket effect that was sounding after her slap. Her retort couldn't escape my attention though. I was half surprised she cared about him after all.

A hard lump formed in my throat and just then my instincts charged up. Realization hit me. I was about to lose this to Lisa and i couldn't let it go that easily. On instinct i landed a careless punch on her stomach as she let out a painful groan. She bent forward clutching at her stomach. I couldn't help  but notice what it meant to use force. Badass!

Jake,who all this time seemed to be frozen, jolted into action by grabbing Lisa by her waist and helping her settle on bed. She was sobbing uncontrollably. Her eyes were red and her face pale. Her state didn't move me an inch though, i was a stubborn resolute being and losing wasn't part of my agenda.

"You may want to cease this both of you!"

I could feel the tension in Jake's voice as he tried to take control. He was as confused as both of us. I assumed his position for a minute. This sorry ass was bound to be proud being fought for by two girls. He would probably tell this to his friends and his pride would spring up each day. We were making him the hero as we played villains. I hated the thought but loved the guy. I could easily cut the drama short but then i wanted him to be mine. Lisa was just vulnerable and would soon give up.

"I hate you Mary, you're blowing this out of proportion, Jake was meant for me, or what do you say Jake".

He stirred as a confused expression wore his face. His lips made as if to utter something but he couldn't say it altogether. It was probably the hardest question he had been asked in a while. His gestures showed he was far from answering the question anyway. So he went,

"Let's wrap up this mess before somebody intrudes on us, it isn't necessary".

Poor bitch. Lisa bit hard on her lower lip. She had been ignored which meant Jake was still at crossroads for us. I still had time to convince him which road led to Apple orchards. I smiled.

" Perhaps you should tell us where this whole thing is headed" Lisa again.

"It's headed to let's-wrap up-this-mess-before-someone-intrudes-on-us" I mimicked Jake with sarcasm directed to Lisa.

She shot me a vicious grin and redirected her gaze towards Jake. Our man was completely out of scene as he hesitated and spared us sad eyes. I sympathized at his stance for a second. He was clearly undecided and somewhat defenseless. We all were waiting for him to take control. To spell his preference.

"As earlier stated,let's spare ourselves some drama and find something worthwhile to do".

This guy wasn't clearly helping. What if he could just say ' Hey girls,I'm sorry you've put me in a confusing web and to spare you this drama, i choose to date you Mary,I'm sorry Lisa'.

That sounded easier. I almost nudged him to read my mind and run the same thoughts aloud. He couldn't be any dumb for a guy his age.

I had already developed a rift between myself and Lisa which meant i had to complete my mission on Jake or lose both. Dating him would probably diffuse the situation which was developing and i couldn't stop at nothing than having him by my side. I would apologize later to Lisa if it worked my way. I dared not think on losing.

" Jake I'm sorry for playing hard on you all this time,honestly it was Mary's idea. I know it may sound absurd saying it at this point in time but just to save you the confusion, i love you Jake ".

Did Jake smile? The fuck he did. I took my handgun, pulled the safety off and aimed at her. I pulled the trigger and there was a sudden blast. She lay down in a pool of blood. Jake bent over her crying. I was smiling. She was now dead. No more competition for Jake. He looked at me with resentment. Poor hallucinations.

Back to reality.

" Are you even listening to me Mary! " Jake shouted.

What had i missed during my short mission. I shook my head in confusion forcing him to repeat what he had earlier said,

"I want you girls to make a truce, there's no need for hatred and violence towards each other".

So that's the genial statement he had given while i was getting rid of my competitor. Making peace meant dating him together and loving him equally. Was he even thinking about it? That was not bound to happen.

" Did you hear that Lisa? You should apologize to me and let me have Jake as my boyfriend or should i call Sebastian? " I uttered sarcastically.

She was about to punch me when Jake interrupted,

"Ok enough of drama,let me clear the doubts and tell you who i truly love..."