Upside Down & Inside Out

Selina's POV~

I stopped running not too far from the shack. I couldn't find Misae and figured it would be best if I just let her be. Besides, I didn't need her anymore.

I took in a deep breath, for the first time, actually glad I was alone. The only thing ringing through my mind was Misae telling me how she wished she wasn't related to me. Was I really that bad? I mean, she could have said no, she could have pushed me away or treated me like all the other kids. It's her stupid fault she hates me!

I lightly kicked a rock as tears began to stream down my face, one after the other. Az landed on my shoulder and gently nudged my cheek.

"Go away," I said. "I'm not in the mood right now." I must have lost it. Why would I ever think a bird could understand me. Of course, he ignored me and kept on doing whatever the heck it was he was trying to do.

"I said, go away!" I snapped, gently pushing him off of my shoulder. It wasn't animal abuse because one, I did it cautiously so as to not hurt the little guy, two, he's a bird and he can fly.

He spread his wings and flew in front of me. He seemed to be... Growing? Wait-

Did I lose my mind?! Az seemed to be getting taller and taller while growing human-like features. By the time he looked completely human, he was towering over me.

"U-uh...?" I gaped up at him in surprise and confusion.

"Now now, Selina." He said. His voice was smooth and friendly but had a sort of mischievous tone to it. "Is that any way to treat a friend?"

"I uh..." I had no idea how to respond.

"My real name is Atreyu, but you may refer to me as Az if you would like." He said. "After all, that is what you've been calling me." (I swear to the Goddess of Cra if you do NOT understand that reference I'm going to... Be as angry as a smoll Canadian can possibly get!)

"A-Az?" I asked. "B-but how? Yo... You were a... And now you're a...? Huh?!"

~

Misae felt...good. A cry was what she needed. Bill had finally turned back from red to yellow, happy Misae had calmed down.

Misae looked up, seeing a dark blue wall of distorted space reaching impossibly far into the sky. It looked imposing, like a stilled waterfall.

She decided to ignore it, for now, heading to the lake for whatever reason she was compelled to. On her way through town, she heard the sound of pitter pattering and what sounded like heavy panting.

She turned around to see Gideon running towards her with a small fuzzy creature in his hands. "Wai-wait! I got a...got a thing for you." He stopped holding out Archimedes.

"Aww, thank you, Gideon." As she said that he ran away. Strange, who knew he could run for so long. Archimedes didn't look hurt in any way and even looked up at her with what seemed like a hamster smile.

"I missed you too, where were you?" She asked as if he could still speak.

"I WAS WITH THE SWINE CHILD, I ASKED HIM TO SEEK YOU OUT." Misae stopped almost dropping him.

"Well, would you look at that," Bill said confirming that she wasn't going crazy. "Bill, what's going on?" Misae asked not taking her eyes off of her pet. "Were you not listening when Ford said that things were still a little weird?" Misae gave him a stare that said 'I was a little preoccupied with some feelings'.

"Sorry." Bill averted his eyes remembering. "Its ok, I'm over it." She wasn't lying, she feels freer than ever and everything's fine.

They finally got to the lake where Misae sat at the end of the dock. Bill sat beside her, both looking down into the reflection of the water. Misae liked it, seeing them together.