21: One Of A Kind

The whole school knows about the Caleb incident. There were questions but I avoided them. Caleb and I were not on speaking terms; he was seen with Susan and her minions the whole day. Jace was back to normal, but still tensed when he saw Caleb.

The whole day passed like that. I just concentrated on my friends and Jace the whole day. When I reached my locker at the end of day, there was a chit waiting for me.

A smile creeped onto my face when I recognized the handwriting.

Hey beautiful,
Meet me in the basketball court. Wanna spend some time with my lovely girlfriend.

Your handsome boyfriend.

I rolled my eyes at the last line but the smile was still there on my face. I packed my bag and made my way to the basketball court after saying goodbyes to my friends.

Jace was there,all alone. He was so concentrated in his game that he didn't notice me coming. I observed him playing his favorite sport. He moved so swiftly with the ball in his hand that it looked like it was second nature to him. The shoots were perfect too. By the time he finished playing,he was all sweaty and as if felt someone staring,turned towards me. I sucked in a breath when I saw him. His black hair was all messy, as though he had run his fingers through it several times; his sweaty biceps added glory to the view as well as the smirk on his face. God that smirk.

"Done checking me out princess?" That annoying smirk still on his face.

"Yep. But you know what, I have seen better."

He raises an eyebrow, and starts coming towards me.

Jace puts an arm around my waist and pulls me towards him,really close. His lips near my ear,gently bitting my earlobe and then lightly moving his nose down my jaw to my neck to which I gasp. "Really? Better than me?"

"Y-yes." I stutter. I hate the effect he has on me.

He laughs at my reaction and before he knows it,I take the ball from his grasp and start dribbling it towards the basket.

"Yes Jace Brewer, I have seen better!" I say playfully.

He notices my tone and come towards me to tackle me. I may not be good as Jace but I know how to play basketball and my height just adds as an advantage.

He starts tackling me jokingly. He isn't aware that I know how to play this sport. I dodge him easily and score a basket.

"BASKET!" I scream.

"You know how to play?" He asks, looking surprised.

I nod, my lips curling into a smirk.

"I didn't know that." He says.

"You don't know a lot of things about me Brewer." I wink.

"Oh so now we are on last name bases huh Jensen ?" He raises an eyebrow and starts towards me.

I laugh and we start playing again. Instead of a fair game,Jace wraps his arms around my waist and spins me around.

"Oh my god!" I laugh and shriek at the same time.

"I have a match against the other school on Friday. Wanna come?" He asks.

A smirk forms on my lips. "Sure. I would be there and see how the softie plays."

"The softie promises that you,my dear birdie, would not be disappointed." Jace says that in a really weird tone which makes us both laugh out loud.

After playing a game we both get ready to leave. Jace changes into his normal clothing and we both get into his car.

"No bike?" I ask,slightly smiling when I remembered what happened that day.

"God no! I'll never bring my bike near you,ever."

I scowl and turn my head towards the window,pretending to be angry.

"Aww the angry bird got angry again." He says jokingly.

"Shut up you idiot." I reply playfully.

"I am not an idiot, you chipmunk."

"I am not a chipmunk, you buffalo."

"You cow."

"I am not a cow, you moose."

"You hippo."

"You are calling me fat, aren't you gorilla?"

"Yes I am, you fish."

"Shut up, you noodle string!" At that, both of us burst out laughing.

"Expected from none other than Jessica Jensen." Jace starts laughing again.

I make a really weird face and stick my tongue out at which he starts laughing again. He reaches out with his hand that was intertwined with mine, and presses my scrunched nose in a cute way.

"You are so adorable." Jace says looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

I blush but cover it by saying "I know right! Many people have said that."

Jace rolls his eyes at my comment but he still has a small smile playing on his lips.

I smile when he keeps his hand on mine again and squeezes it gently "You are one of a kind."

_____________________

This was a small part.

Don't forget to vote people.