29: Last Night Events

The next day I wake up with the worst headache I have ever had in years. My head is pounding like crazy and I feel like a new vampire,everything is heightened. The sun,don't get me started!

Damon Salvatore,you hot vampire,I know you are the one that turned me.

I am still in my party dress and I feel like I will throw up. I just want to die. An urgent knock comes from my door and Ashton enters without an answer.

He can't let me die peacefully. Evil brother!

He looks pissed off. Great!

"Get ready. Mom does not know that you flooded yourself with alcohol yesterday so before she knows that you got drunk on a week day,get ready and come down. We are already late for school." Ashton says ,still mad.

I groan. I don't wanna go to school.

"Fast Jessica!" Ashton says. OK now something is definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?" I say getting out of my warm bed and making my way to the bathroom,massaging my temple.

"What's wrong? Are you kidding me? You don't remember how you got back home last night?" He asks.

I look back at him blankly. "Jace brought you home last night." He speaks through gritted teeth. "You were in his arms,totally drunk."

Last night's event wash up in my mind at once. "Shoot!"

"Yes. Shoot is the word. Why were you with him last night?" Ashton asks.

I shrug,pretending that I don't know. Ashton sighs and says "He hurt you Jessie and I don't want him to hurt you more. Please stay away from him." With that he engulfs me in a hug.

"Ew. You stink. Go get a shower." Ashton says and walks out of the room.

Bipolar much?

I go and shower. My mind still processing what happened last night.

Shit! I guess I told him how I felt yesterday. I also think that I told him that I was falling for him. Shoot!

I remember him saying something back but I don't remember what. Did he say it back? Did he or not? He didnt,if he did,he wouldn't have made a bet. But I remember his expression,I remember his eyes. Hope starts boiling up in my stomach but I push it back.

I get ready and take medicine for my stupid hangover. I am much better now but no,I am not. The bags under my eyes and the urge to throw up when we all sit for breakfast make my mom suspicious but Ashton being the good brother he is,covers it up for me.

__________________

We both reach school,picking up Veronica as usual in the way. I reach my locker and see Hannah and Sydney. Sydney looks just like me, recovering from a hangover and Hannah looks annoyingly fresh. Hannah didn't join us for the party as her parents were returning to town that night and she wanted to spend time with them after a full week of their tour.

"Hey JJ. You don't look so good." Hannah notices.

"Thanks for noticing." I say sarcastically and stuff my locker with my books.

We all don't talk because me and Sydney have a really bad mood and don't feel like talking and Hannah try being on the safe side and doesn't opens her mouth.

After my chemistry class when I make my way towards my locker Susan and her minions, Stacey and Jasmine surround me.

"Hey Jessica." Susan greets angelically.

"Hmm." I say not looking at her,making my way to the lockers.

"How was last night?" I stop in my tracks for a moment but then continue walking.

I don't answer them so they surround me.

"It was Okay! Can I go now,I have my class." I say, totally irritated and try to get out of their small circle.

"Why so soon Jessica? Don't you want to talk about yesterday?" Susan smiles stopping me by holding my wrist with a manicured hand,pressing her nails in my skin roughly.

"Susan,let me go." I state calmly,that leech was trying my patience.

"Why so? Didn't you enjoy making out with Alec yesterday?" Susan asks.

I freeze but repeat "Susan,let me go."

I don't want this to spread,if it will I don't know what people will make of my reputation.

"First you go out with Jace then cheat on him with Caleb and then make out with Alec right in front of him. Wow Jessica,you are such a sl...." She snickers evilly but before she can complete, a voice stops her.

"That's enough Susan,you can go now." The voice says.

Susan turns, surprised. "Oh hey Jace!" She completely transforms. She forms a big smile on her face,her hands start to play with her hair and she starts to lean in towards Jace.

Jace has his jaw clenched and his hands are in tight fists on his sides. He looks pissed off. "Susan,you can stop bothering her and go."

Susan tries to reason with him and keeps her hand on his arm. "But Jacey!" She whines. Jace tenses in front of me and his gaze lock with mine for a millisecond before he looks away.

"Just go Susan and please don't call me that." Jace says averting his arm from her hold.

Susan scowls but walk away with her minions right behind her. Me and Jace are alone now and the awkwardness starts building. Does he remember what happened last night? Was he drunk? Is he falling for me?

"Thanks." I say not only for today but last night also.

He nods,he has a blank look on his face,no emotion anywhere. He doesn't meet my eyes too. I nod and turn around,fighting back tears. He doesn't like me anymore. He isn't falling for me. I am such an idiot to even think that. It was all just a small freaking bet!

When I turn around I notice Zach looking over at us. He is standing near a classroom talking to a girl but his attention is on us. He has a guilty expression on his face. When he sees me looking he immediately averts his eyes. Why is he guilty? It's not like he has done something wrong.

_______________________

You guys hate Zach?

Don't worry,he is not bad. You will get it why he did this.

Do vote.