Joy

(TW- implied sexual content, implied mpreg)

"Hey hyung?" Jimin says. Yoongi looks up from his phone with his full attention. He doesn't usually drop everything when someone calls for him. It's just for Jimin. Just a small gesture so the younger knows that Yoongi cares. Jimin sits on Yoongi's bed slowly. Yoongi can smell the conflicting emotions on him. "You... You still take birth control right?"

"Yeah. I'd tell you guys if I decided to stop," Yoongi says. He doesn't quite get why Jimin's asking, or why the younger is suddenly so nervous. Jimin hasn't been this nervous around Yoongi in months and it makes Yoongi worry someone or something has upset Jimin.

Maybe Jimin is thinking about his past again.

"Do you ever think about not taking it?" Jimin asks. Yoongi barely hears the words as they fall out the younger's mouth.

"You mean- do I ever want to get pregnant?" Yoongi asks. He's careful to keep his tone free of judgement. He knows how sensitive of a topic this is. Jimin nods sheepishly. A thought clicks in Yoongi's head. "Is this about your heat next week Jimin?"

"I- I was thinking- since I'm in such a good place right now with you guys and all- having pups might be something I want," Jimin admits. He looks away quickly, pushing his hair back. "I just don't know how to talk to anyone about it, but since you're an omega too...I don't know I just wanted someone else's experience."

"Well personally, I don't really want to carry a pup right now," Yoongi explains in an ever gentle tone. Jimin watches him closely, taking in every word. "Its doesn't have much appeal to me with where I am with my career. I haven't dismissed the idea, but I don't think it's the right time for me. The others and I talked about it when we first started the pack. They said they did want pups eventually, but they said we could adopt if I didn't want to carry them. For you, it would be wholly your choice. So I guess you'll have to ask yourself why you want to be pregnant."

Jimin thinks for a moment. He doesn't like the silence but he can't think of a good reason. Everyone has expected that he would have pups one day. It's what all omegas do. The thought of raising children has always appealed to Jimin, but he isn't sure if he would still think that if he hadn't been raised an omega. He sighs. "I don't know."

"The others will ask the same thing. They're going to worry that you feel obligated to get pregnant for them, which you are not."

"It's not- I don't think it's that," Jimin says. He tries his best to wrap his head around it. His own thoughts and desires that aren't tainted by societal expectations. "I think that pups will give me more... joy I guess. I want a family. I want to have pups here, where I'll know they'll be safe and healthy and happy. I think it will make me content.

"And I want it with you guys. I want to see you all raising pups as a pack. See you being dads to my children. I think it'll make us closer. That it's the next step as a pack- for ours at least. And having pups- raising another person- it'll give me the chance to be proud of something I've done. I just... I want to do something for me."

Yoongi turns his palm up and Jimin rests his hand on Yoongi's before leaning against the older's shoulder. Jimin has warmed up to physical contact with the omega quickest, but Yoongi is still careful to not make Jimin uncomfortable. That's why he is the one who exposes his palm and waits for Jimin to decide if he feels like touching.

"I think that is a perfectly good reason," Yoongi says. He has a small grin on his face. He's ecstatic to see how much Jimin has grown over the past year. "I'll be there to help you talk to the others about it if you want."

"Thank you hyung," Jimin says. He looks back up at Yoongi to smile and Yoongi's grin spreads into a full gummy smile. "Can we do it now?"

"Of course."