Let Go

Jin can't help but worry for Jimin. He stirs at the cooking breakfast absentmindedly, mouth watering at the smell of meat, but his heart is anxious. Jimin hasn't left the nursery since they got home yesterday. Even when the rest of the pack came home to sleep (given it was only for three or four hours), Jimin didn't budge. He hasn't let the twins be more than a foot away from him, even if they're in Jin's arms.

Jin knows an omega is naturally protective of their litter whilst they're defenseless, but he worries for Jimin's health. The first time mother is without most of his pack now. It isn't good for him or the pups to be separated from the others. It's not good for the alpha's either, even if they're with one omega and their litter, they'll want to care for the absent pair as well.

All in all, Jin's decided that this entire situation is awful for everyone involved. It's a giant clusterfuck of inconvenient timing. He sighs and scoops plenty of food onto a plate for Jimin. The best he can do is make sure Jimin is well fed.

"Hey Jiminie," Jin says cheerily. The atmosphere in the nursery makes the beta smile. Jimin is coddled with the twins in his nest, eyes filled with admiration.

Jin helps the younger sit up so he can eat before sitting down and lifting Seungmin into his arms.

"Thank you hyung," Jimin says before he shovels breakfast into his mouth. He's exhausted himself the past five days and his hunger shows it.

"Feel like visiting Minho today?" Jin asks. He bounces Seungmin gently.

Jimin is hesitant to answer. He really wants to see Minho and to be there for Yoongi. He knows the elder is no doubt stressed beyond belief. On the other hand, Jimin doesn't want to leave. He's finally brought his pups home and he's still trying to nest with them. He tells himself that he's lucky to have been able to bring them home at all and reminds himself that Yoongi needs him.

"Yeah," Jimin finally answers. "How's he doing?"

"They're having trouble getting him fed," Jin says. He's been talking with the others non-stop, both giving and receiving updates. "But he's breathing okay now."

"And Yoongi-hyung?"

"He's..." Jin doesn't want to upset Jimin, but he figures he should know. "Yoongi is struggling. He tries not to let it show, but he's taking a toll."

Jimin nods to himself. He sets his food aside and pulls Jeongin close to his chest. He inhales his pups scent deeply. "We should go see them. Having Seungmin and Jeongin with him will help."

"When?"

"I'm ready if you are," Jimin says. "We just need to get the twins' things together."

"You should try to feed them before we go," Jin says. He sets Seungmin back into the nest with care. "I'll pack up somethings."

Jimin nods. Both of his pups have been feeding well to his relief. He lays Jeongin down so he can strip off his shirt. His breast will remain swollen for the next few monthes, but he's already grown used to it. Feeding his pups is intimate, helping him bond with them, and reminds him that he's keeping his pups healthy.

Jin takes his time packing up a diaper bag with everything they might need. He doesn't want to rush Jimin and it gives him the chance to make sure he doesn't forget anything. He leaves out the cloth baby carriers at first but decides he might should bring them so Jimin doesn't have to wear out his arms holding the twins. If the omega is so attached to the twins while at home, he imagines it'll be even worse when they're at the hospital.

"You're so slow hyung," Jimin teases in a whiny voice. Jin only smiles. He loves seeing Jimin being his normal self. The omega reaches for his shirt before he decides he should probably find a new one.