Chapter 2. -The one with the choice.

Brad looks Jen deep in the eyes as he tells her something that changes it all.

Brad : I'm gonna leave Angie, Jen. I'm filing for a divorce.

Jen looks at Brad with her eyes and mouth wide open. Her brain doesn't quite understand what he just said to her, and she tries to repeat it over and over again. Brad gives her time to think, because he knows this is a huge change. Even though he's worried about how Jen feels about it, based on the look on her face.

Brad : I know this may seem a little strange Jen, but I... I just can't stay with her any longer. She's not the one I want to be with. When I look at her, I see you. When she kisses me, I feel your lips. And when we make love, I imagine that it's your body I'm holding in my arms.

Jen is confused about all the things he's saying, she never would've imagined that this would ever happen. She's dreamed about this moment since the day he left her. The day he left her for Angie, but is this still something she wants? Does she want to be with Brad? When she pictures her future, with a husband, kids, a family. Is it Brad that's kissing her goodbye before she leaves to work? Is it Brad that's playing football with the kids outside? Or is it another man, a man she has not yet found, but a man that's waiting for her to find him. She simply doesn't know. Jen feels like she doesn't know anything anymore, she doesn't know what to say, she doesn't know what to do, and she doesn't know how she feels.

Brad : Jen, talk to me. Say something, tell me all you thoughts, spill your heart out.

Jen looks up at him, with tears in her eyes. She doesn't know whether to laugh or cry, and she doesn't know if she's sad or happy.

Jen : Well, I just don't know what to say. This is, uhm, it's...

Brad : What?

Jen : It's just so unexpected.

Brad : Yeah, I know. I know. But what I need you to know is that I never stopped loving you Even though you might think that I was happy with Angie. Even I thought I was happy with her but not a day went by were I didn't miss your face. Your beautiful smile, your voice, your touch, your...

Jen : Then why the hell did you leave me Brad?

Brad : Hey! I was not the one that filed for a divorce Jen, that was you.

Jen : Because you cheated on me! For months. Do you even care about the fact that you almost ruined me? You made me feel like shit, and you made me afraid of ever loving somebody again. I can still remeber the nights when I was home, in our bed, waiting for you to come and hold me. Craving your touch, but you had already given it to someone else. 

Brad : Come on Jen.

Jen : You made me insecure Brad. You made me think that I wasn't good enough for you anymore. You didn't touch me at all, the last six months in our marriage. You didn't even kiss me goodbye. I thought I disgusted you, and you made me question myself as a woman, it was the worst thing I've ever gone through.

Brad : But we can work on that Jen.

Jen can feel that Brad has started something inside of her, and she wants to let it all out. Without caring or worrying about how he takes it. So she lets go of the things that are holding her back, and throws it all in his face. 

Jen : No! No we can't! Do you have any idea how it felt to love somebody who didn't love you back? To crave somebody that doesn't want you? No you don't, because when you were out "bunnyhopping" with another woman. I was the one that was laying in our bed thinking about you. Wanting to feel your skin against mine, wanting to taste your soft lips, wanting to own your manhood. I wanted to be the only one Brad, the only one that could make you feel like a man. But I wasn't, and that killed me slowly every single night I had to spend without you. For every single morning I had to wake up alone, with the other side of the bed being as cold as my heart.