Chapter 11. -The one where it's all unexpected. (Part 3.)

Angie : Brad? Brad, why can't... Oh no, she's. Uhm, she's not here is she? Oh my god. Is she here? Brad!

Angie stands up, and walks over to him, with her eyes wide open, as she now understands why he's been coming off all nervous and worried ever since he opened the door.

Angie : Is she here Brad?

He bites his lip, as he really shouldn't open his mouth and let any words out. It'll just be wrong anyway, there's no getting out of this.

Angie throws herself down in his chair, and lays her head in her hands, as she's trying to prevent herself from having a breakdown. She really thought this whole situation couldn't get any more messed up, but she was wrong, and it's not over yet.

Brad : Angie. I don't, know what to say. 

She lifts her head up, to look into his eyes. She wants him to see how this is affecting her, she wants him to see her pain, she wants him to understand.

Angie : Then don't say anything.
Brad : It's not...
Angie : Where is she? Can I meet her? I want to meet her.
Brad : I don't think that's...

Angie stands up again, and starts to walk around in his house, looking for the one person she never thought she would have to worry about again.

Angie : Jennifer. Jen.
Brad : Angie... Stop, it's. She's not he...

She suddenly turns around, and interrupts his sentence. She interrupts his lie. Just as she should've interrupted all the other lies he's ever told her.

Angie : She's not here? Is that what you were about to say?
Brad : I just, uhm. It's not as easy as it seems.
Angie : This is, I just. Can't...

She stops talking. Just like that, before she shakes her head, turns around and walks towards the door, that'll get her out of his house.

About to open the door, she turns around to look at him one last time. She stares into his eyes, with an emptiness in hers. It's the coldest look he's ever seen. It's the look of a person who doesn't have anything left to give.

Brad : Angelina!

He shouts out her name, as the door closes, but she does not come back. He does not run after her. And standing behind him, is Jen. Who has been locked up in the bathroom this whole time, listening to it all. Listening to him, and her, and she really doesn't know how she'll be able to handle it all. 

He turns around, to see her, standing there completely still without saying a word. He doesn't know how much she heard. He doesn't know if this'll change anything between them.

Brad : Jennifer. I'm so...
Jen : I just, uhm.

She walks straight past him, towards the door, without giving him any idea of what she's about to do. She then opens the front door, to see Angie, who hasn't gotten herself to leave just yet, standing leaned against her white Chevrolet, crying.

Brad : Jen? What are you, doing?

He walks after her, but stops, as soon as he realizes what she's going to do. She's going to confront her. She's going to walk straight up to her, and, after that, he's not completely sure what'll happen.

And Jen, walks up to her, without having any time to think it through. How is she supposed to handle this situation? How will she find the courage to talk to her? How is she supposed to forget about the past, when the past is standing right in front of her?

She doesn't know.

Jen : Angelina.

Angie turns around. She doesn't know why, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Her head is not facing Jen, but the ground underneath them. She tries to focus on the gravel, instead of everything that's going on around her, as she's not strong enough to face it all. Not yet.