Chapter 5. -The one with the wild helicopter ride.

It's friday, and that means only one thing. It means that it is time for Jen and Brad's first official date. Jen's been looking forward to this day since he first told her about it. There's also something that makes it even more romantic, but also quite frightening. Brad is going to pick her up in his helicopter, and they're going to take off at 8. It's just so exciting, no one has ever flown her down to Paris before. Or at least not by themself. She always knew that Brad was a pilot, but he never really shared his passion with her, even though he knew how much she enjoyed traveling. They really just were the more laid back couple. Jen didn't exactly want them to be that couple, but that's just how it turned out. There's a little hope in her now though, a hope that it might be different this time. That they'll be the adventurous couple, up to a certain level of course.

Jen's meeting Brad at the airport. Not the crazy, huge LAX airport, but the more private one. The private airport where Brad has his helicopter. He needed some time to check on it, to see if everything still was good. Jen knows that Brad is a good pilot, and she knows that he'll take care of her, but it's still a bit scary. She's never loved flying, and she probably never will, but it looks like so much fun to fly in a helicopter. Besides, it's Brad. Nothing bad will happen, right? She's safe with him.

Jen gets her driver to take her to the airport, and she begs to god that the paparazzi's won't see her. Imagine all the articles and stories that will show up in the media. Brad and Jen, romantic getaway. Brad and Jen, are they back on? Brad and Jen, is Jen finally pregnant? Just thinking about it makes her nervous. Nervous because she doesn't want anybody to find out. Not her family, not her friends, not even Court. At least not until she tells her herself. Which she will do, soon. When the time is right.

Brad : Hey there copilot.

She turns around and looks straight into Brad's eyes. He's standing in front of her with his helicopter barely visible in the background, and he's wearing a pilot uniform. A very, very vintage pilot inform. She can see right away that this is his passion.

Jen : Is it 1956?

Brad : Oh come on. This is in right now. Pilot fashion never change.

Jen : If you say so.

Brad : This was really meant to be romantic. Not funny, but now that you've said it...

Jen : No, baby. I didn't mean it like that. I actually find it quite sexy.

Brad : Really?

Jen : Yeah. You know that I've always had a weak thing for uniforms.

Brad : Mmm, that's right. I remember. Especially that one night where you got me to rent that expensive marine uniform.

Jen : Oh, that night. I almost forgot about that one.

Brad : That was a good night, the both of us were exhausted by the time...

Their little intimate conversation gets interrupted, and Jen starts to blush. Like she always do when something embarrassing happens. She may think it's silly, but Brad finds it adorable.

Flight mechanic : Brad, the tanks are filled.

Brad : Oh, ehm. Yes, yes. Thank you.

Flight mechanic : No problem, I think I'm gonna take off now. Have a safe flight. Bend a wing.

Jen looks confused at Brad, as the flight mechanic says his goodbyes.

Jen : Bend a wing?

Brad : Oh, yeah. It's just something we say before we take off. You know, to wish each other a safe flight.