Chapter 3. -The one with the decision.

Jen : I want to stay Brad. I want to stay.

Jen can see a smile show up on Brad's face as soon as she says the words he wanted to hear. She can't even believe that she even said it, but she did. That's what she wants, she wants to stay. So she's going to stay, even though she might end up being hurt because she knows that if she would've left him again she would've regret it for the rest of her life.

Regret that she didn't give Brad one last chance, regret that she didn't give her emotions one more chance, and most of all regret that she didn't give them one last chance.

Brad : You, ehm. You really mean that?

Jen : Yeah, I do. I actually do.

Brad leans over to Jen and is about to kiss her on the lips, but Jen quickly leans away.

Jen : No, Brad. You know we can't do that.

Brad : What? Because of Angie?

Jen : Yeah. And a lot of other things too. You have to work those things out before anything else can happen between us. Again.

Jen can tell by the look on his eyes that he's already impatient, but the thing is that she is just as impatient that he is. She just doesn't want to show it to him, because she knows that that will make her lose her control. The control she needs to have if their relationship is even going to have a shot of being something again.

Jen : We have to work those things out. We.

Brad : We.

Jen takes Brad's hand and presses her lips gently in his palms. His hands are the typical hands of a guy, they're rough, something that proves they've been through a lot. They're also warm and gentle at the same time, just like Jen remembers them.

Jen : But Brad?

Brad : Mhm.

Jen : You know that we can't just start off where we left things. Cause you know... We didn't leave things at good terms.

Brad : Yeah, of course. I know that.

Jen : So if and when you, or ehm we manage to figure everything out, that means we have to start all over again.

Brad : What do you mean?

Jen : We have to start like two people, who doesn't know each other, who hasn't been together before, who hasn't been married, and who hasn't had a divorce. Because I, ehm. I want to get to know the person you are now, without having the expectations that you're gonna act like the person you were back then.

Brad : So let me see if I got that right. You want me to ask you on a date, like we're total strangers to each other, even though I know everything about you and you know everything about me.

Jen : Yeah, but the thing is that you don't know everything about me Brad. And I sure as hell don't know everything about you.

Brad : We do Jen, we were married for 5 years.

Jen : No we don't, cause you're not the same person as you were back then Brad, and I'm not either. I've learned so many new things about you today. Thing's and qualities you never had or at least never showed me in our marriage. You've grown so much, like it's insane. And I've also grown so much, so there's so many things you don't know about me yet. Things I hope we'll share with each other over time.

Jen can tell by Brad's face that he's confused. He doesn't understand what she means about all this. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? What the hell is she implying to?

Brad : Yeah, and?

Jen : And, that also means that since you're not the same person you were and I'm not the same person I was, ehm...