Chapter 6. -The one with the 1998 dinner.

Jen and Brad lands in Paris around 8 pm, which is perfect. The sun starts to set, the streetlights gets lit, and everybody's rushing out to have a great time.

Jen laughs as she adjusts the straps on her dress. She looks like mess, but she tries to not make it too obvious. She doesn't want the whole world to know what they were doing in there, even though it was so worth it.

Jen : Do I look okay?

Brad : Okay? You look stunning babe.

Jen : Don't over do it now.

Brad : No, I mean it Jen. You're a very stunning mess.

Jen : Oh. Mhm.

Brad : I'm kidding, honey. You're not a mess, you're perfect. C'mon now. Our table at La Stresa is waiting.

Brad helps Jen out of the helicopter, which is parked next to a black Mercedes. He's always loved a Mercedes, and Jen should know that. He bought like a hundred of them while they were together.

Jen : I see that you're still weak for that Mercedes.

Brad : Yeah, I guess some things never change. Like you're still weak for that toe ring.

He laughs as he refers to the silver ring around Jen's toe. A ring she always wears, even though she's just at home in her sweats. It's something she's needed as long as he remembers, but he's never figured out why.

They get in the car and takes off to the restaurant. Jen's favorite restaurant, and Brad's thought of everything from the sitting spot to the year of of her favorite wine. He wants everything to be perfect, like he didn't make sure it was when they were married.

They arrive about five minutes later, and Jen's eyes immediately lights up as she sees the restaurant. The restaurant she has so many good memories from.

Jen : It's beautiful! Isn't it?

Brad : It is. And it's even better inside.

Jen : You've been here before?

Brad : No, but ehm. I've been preparing some different things. Just some small details.

Jen : You did. Really?

Brad : Yeah, I did. Like I should've done the last times.

Jen : No, oh. Baby, you've done so much already. Thank you. Thank you for everything.

Brad : It's really the least I could...

Jen : Not just that...

Jen takes his hands and intertwines her fingers in his, as she looks at him with a look of love in her eyes.

Jen : ... Thank you for being here with me. Right here, right now. Back in my life again.

Brad takes a grip around Jen's waist, draws her closer, and kisses her.

Jen : I've really missed you.

Brad : I've missed you too baby.

They walk into the restaurant hand in hand, without worrying about anything. She doesn't give the paparazzi's a second thought, because she knows that there's no way they could've figured out where she is. They've after all just landed from the... unexpectedly wild helicopter ride they had.

Restaurant owner : Brad! Salut!

Brad : Salut!

Restaurant owner : Everything's ready.

Brad : Merci, merci.

The restaurant owner leads Jen and Brad to a door. A big, black, heavy door. It's a door Jen's never seen before, or maybe she just hasn't noticed it, but she notices it now. As it's standing in front of her like a huge mysterium. An exciting mysterium only Brad knows how to solve.