Chapter 4. -The one where they wait.

Jen's home, by herself, in her house. It's been a week since she last saw Brad. She misses him, and she knows that he misses her too. All she really wants to do is to throw herself into her car, drive down to Brad, and be with him. Hold him in her arms, hug him, kiss him. Jen's desperate for his touch. They're only a couple of hours apart from each other, and she could be at his house right now. In his bed, making love to him. Except that she can't. She can't because what Brad's doing now, is something he's doing for her.

Brad's breaking up with Angie. He's actually leaving Angie for her. It makes her heart explode just thinking about how much he really cares about her, but it's also killing her at the same time. She wishes Angie the best, but it doesn't really seem like that based on what she's getting Brad to do.

Jen : It isn't you that's getting him to do it Jen. Stop blaming this on yourself. He's the one who came to you. He's the one who told you, he wanted you. He told you he was in love with you. You're just a woman who has fallen for a man. A woman who has happened to fall in love with a married guy, you're exactly like...

Jen realises what she is, and it reminds her of someone else. Angie. She is just like Angie. She fell in love with Brad when he was married to her, and now she's falling in love with Brad when he's married to Angie. Could this be any more complicated? She laughs for herself, while she says the famous Chandler Bing line.

She's getting impatient as she's standing in the hall, looking at an old photo of them that she found in a box in her closet. It's a photo from 2002. Jen had curly hair, and Brad looked like a homeless guy. It was their "hippy" era. They were sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in their hands. Court took the photo. It was one of the happiest times in her life. They were married, and they were planning their future together. Jen remembers the conversations they used to have back then. They talked about everything, from different couches to children. She used to believe that they one day would get pregnant. That she would get the chance to carry his children, birth their children, raise their children. And that they would do it all together, as a family.

Tears are rolling down Jen's cheeks while she looks back at it all. She doesn't really know why, maybe she's feeling the pain she felt when he left her. Or maybe she's feeling the happiness she felt when he told her he loved her again, but it doesn't really matter. He is hers again, she's his girlfriend, but did she want to get him back like this? After all she used to be his wife, and he used to be her husband. Does she want to take that many steps back? Back to the beginning, back to the start. It can be exciting, but it can also be nerve racking.

Her phone rings while she's looking at the photos, and at the same time is caught up in her own thoughts. She picks it up and answers it, without checking who it is.

Jen : Hello?

Brad : Hey.

Jen : Hey you.

She recognises his voice right aways. Brad's voice.

Brad. What's up?

Jen : Oh, just looking at some photos of us, while I'm missing you like crazy.

Brad : I miss you too baby.

Jen : You better.

Brad : Oh you know how much I would rather want to be with you right now. We would lay in my bed, our bed. And we would be naked...

Jen : Brad! Don't tease me like that. You know we can't do anything before you, you know.

Brad : Yeah, I know. I'm working on it right now. I'm gonna give her the papers tonight, after the kids has left.

Jen : Really? Aren't you nervous?

Brad : Terrified.

Jen : Oh, honey.