Chapter 9. -The one where it's all unexpected. (Part 1.)

Jen : You're sure you don't want me to go with you?

Brad : Yeah, I'll be alright. That'll probably just make it more emotional for her anyway.

Jen : Yeah, yeah. I guess you're right.

Brad : You're probably not the first person she'll want to see after hearing about this.

Jen : You think it's that bad?

Jen turns around to look at Brad with the guiltiest eyes he's ever seen on anyone before. They've gone over the whole situation a thousand times, but she just can't help it. There's something about it all that just doesn't feel right, it doesn't seem fair. Even though it is. After all, she's just a woman, that has fallen in love with a soon to be divorced man, and there's nothing wrong about that is it?

But the soon to be divorced man is a father, a father who is still, on paper, the husband to the woman he had an affair with. An affair that turned out to be so much more. It turned out to be love, family, and happiness, but was it real? Was he ever genuinely happy? Jen knows that he loves his kids more than anything, and that he also felt something for Angie, just like Angie felt something for him as well. He practically had it all. So what made him leave? He has told her many times that it was her. That he missed her, that he needed her, that he still loved her. But is that really enough to leave your whole family behind? Will the love they have for each other ever be enough?

This whole situation is just so complicated. It's such a burden. It's all she thinks about these days, he is all she thinks about. But it's so hard. So hard because he'll never be entirely hers, they'll never be just them. He's got his past, and she's got hers, and nothing will ever change that, all they can do is learn to live with it.

Brad : Oh sweetie. It'll be fine. None of this is your fault. This really has nothing to do with you at all.

Jen : But it does Brad. It really, really does. If it wasn't for me, none of this would be happening. You wouldn't have to leave your wife. You wouldn't have to leave your kids. Your family.

Brad : Jen.

Jen : And it hurts to know that this is all because of me. It really does. I can only imagine what she's going through right now. It must be hell.

Brad : Jen. Stop. This isn't your fault. This is all on me, and her. We're not meant to be. We're not meant to spend the rest of our lives together. That would've been more hell than any of this. Both for me and her.

Jen sighs, before she grabs his hands to hold, and smiles at him. He nods, knowing exactly what that little sigh means.

Jen : Okay.

Brad : Alright. This isn't forever. It's only for a little while. Right?

Jen : I guess.

Brad : We'll get through this. Together.

Jen : I know we will.

Brad kisses her forehead, lets go off her hand and disappears out of the bathroom. While Jen's left caught up in her thoughts, in her own worries, that she may never get over. She always used to be the victim in all of this, and she hated that. But now, now that she's to blame. Now that she's the villain, the victim role seems a lot better.

Jen continues to get dressed, as she knows she has to be there for him when he takes off. She would be there for him through it all, but she can't. That would just make everything even more uncomfortable.

Brad : You look awfully sexy. Are you inviting someone over while I'm out?

Jen : Jeez.

Jen turns around, to look at Brad who's standing in the doorway, just smiling at her. She breathes out, after being scared by his sudden appearance.