Chapter One

August 20. A.k.a the first day of hell. All the students pushed through the doors into Briarwood High's air conditioned entrance.

That's when she entered. Brooklyn Drake; a new, innocent girl from out of town. She was practically being dragged in by Nicole Ettleson, a well known student at Briarwood. And the first girl that befriended Brooklyn.

The two were looking around; Nicole helping Brooklyn understand the "basics" of Briarwood High. Every student has already divided up into their "cliques", and occupied the entire main hallway.

Then he walked through. Everyone stopped mid-conversation. No one remained in Robbie Kay's path as he walked through the hall. He and his friends basically ruled the school, and no girl wanted their heart broken by him.

Brooklyn and Nicole stood along the lockers like the other students. Robbie was almost to the end of hall, when something caught his attention. He stopped in his tracks as his piercing green eyes locked with a pair of brown eyes.

The jaw of every student in the hallway dropped, as they witnessed Robbie Kay, frozen in a starstruck state. That's when Nicole spoke up.

"Robbie Kay?"

Suddenly his eyes adverted away, now aware of what was happening.

"What?" he snapped.

Brooklyn broke from her previous shock state, startled by the obvious anger laced in his voice.

"I. Um. I'm sorry."

He raised an eyebrow, questioning what she was trying to say.

"Robbie?," she smiled nervously.

"That's my name sweetheart, and a girl like you, should definitely stay away from me."

Robbie flashed a smirk her way and left. His voice sent chills down Brooklyn's back, but she couldn't help but question his act.

"Please don't tell me what I feel you're thinking," Nicole whined.

"What is it you think it is?" Brooklyn questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Just remember: curiosity killed the cat."