Intel

"There not many people we can trust." Chiyo said grimly. Sasori nodded.

"I sent out a message to some of my allies on the outside of the village. The only people few we can trust right now is each other."  Sasori stated.

"What can we do? Are we just going to sit and wait?" Sakura asked.

"Sakura," Sasori began. "There isn't much we can do. If the elders find out that I've returned then they'll make their move. We need as much time as possible."

"Well there is something that you all might be able to do." Rasa said gesturing to Sakura, Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$

It was late at night when Fugaku decided to leave the house.  Itachi followed his father close behind.  He wasn't faring well on the mission Hokage-sama gave him.  His father hadn't been too active with Danzo.  Tonight though, Itachi was going to learn something.  He followed his father as he left the Uchiha compound and contemplated the many places his father could meet Danzo at.  Itachi activated his sharingan making sure to avoid any traps that had been placed around. 

Finally his father arrived at a large base.  Itachi stayed behind watching as his father greeted the two guards dressed in ANBU gear.  Itachi watched the guards open the door and his father stepped in.  Danzo was already there waiting.  Itachi couldn't hear what Danzo said, but he could tell what he said by watching his mouth with the sharingan. 

"Fugaku." Danzo greeted.  Fugaku's back faced Itachi, so he moved so he could see both men's mouths.

"-he terms of your agreement.  The Uchiha council thinks you are asking too much of us for such a low benefit." Fugaku claimed.  Danzo kept a stern look.  "They refuse to do anything unless you explain to us what this Kabuto person wants, and give us a better offer.  You still haven't even given all the details."

"What reason do I have to believe that the Uchiha won't betray me when I reveal the plans?  How should I know to trust you?"

"A year ago you told me that you had great plans for the Uchiha clan.  You told me that the Uchiha would prosper-"

"That was before your boy ran away like the coward he is!" Danzo slammed his cane to the ground and Itachi crouched, leaning forward. "If your boy had stayed and we had gone through the agreement with Shinjagakure then we would be in a better position with another ally.  But you Uchiha's messed it up."

"We couldn't control what Sasuke did.  It was his choice not ours.  If you don't give us the specifics about what Kabuto wants us to do then I'll make the choice and take the Uchiha out of this!" Fugaku claimed abruptly.

"Don't make me your enemy Fugaku." Danzo sneered.  "Your clan lost credibility with Kabuto the moment Sasuke ran away and lost him a potential ally.  The only thing that's keeping you on Kabuto's good side is you abilities."

"I don't care if we are on his good side or not.  He hasn't made a name for himself yet.  For all we know, he couldn't even exist.  The Uchiha refuse to stand on the side of a person we don't have reason to allign ourselves with."  Danzo stared Fugaku down at his statement.  After a couple of minutes, Danzo finally relented.

"You would like to meet Kabuto I assume."  Danzo stated. "I'll see what I can do for you." 

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

Minato stared off into the distance. He finally caught up on his paperwork, and he had nothing to busy himself with, leaving him in his own thoughts. That was until Itachi entered the room. Clad in his ANBU gear, Itachi politely entered and kneeled down in front of Minato's desk.

"Hokage-sama." Itachi greeted.

"Itachi," Minato acknowledged. "What brings you here?"

"I have a report on the intelligence mission you sent me on." Itachi stated. Minato sat up straight in his chair and nodded to Itachi.

"Alright." Minato said, ushering Itachi to begin.  Itachi looked up at Minato with his sharingan active and polietly gestured to it asking,

"May I?" Minato nodded and he was then cast in a genjutsu.  Minato saw the entire conversation that went on between Danzo and Fugaku.  Once the conversation was over Minato released himself from the genjutsu.

"I see.  Kabuto.  I'll need to talk to Jiraiya." Minato murmured to himself.  Looking up to Itachi he gave the ANBU a solemn look. "I hate to ask this of you but as Hokage it is my duty. Your father is associating himself with shady people. If he continues to do so then we'll have to treat him and possibly the Uchiha clan in the same way we treat those people. Can you try to guide him away from them? I'm not sure how you would do so but try to get him to trust you with the information and bring him away from Danzo."

"Hai Hokage-sama." Itachi nodded.

"There's nothing I can do about Danzo until we have proof that he's doing something against my wishes or the law. From the conversation he had with Fugaku he never stated doing anything against Konoha but we need to be ready." Minato stood up from his seat and nodded to Itachi. "I need to find Kakashi."

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

Weeks had passed since Naruto summoned Gamabunta.  Since then, Jiraiya has finally agreed to start teaching Naruto the rasengan.  Naruto had been working his hardest to try and master the justu. 

Naruto had ended up exhausting himself and the next day Naruto slept through the morning and he woke up in the late afternoon. He quickly pulled himself out of bed and dressed himself in his training gear.  He had walked outside in search of Jiraiya only to find the sage at the front of the hotel talking to a small figure.  Naruto stepped forward and his eyes widened when he noticed that the figure wasn't actually a person, rather a small and very familiar dog. 

"-getting involved with the Uchiha?  I thought he loathed them."  Jiraiya mumbled in thought. 

"Minato wanted to know if you had any information about Kabuto as of late that could help us try and figure his motives."  The dog, now identified as Pakkun, stated. 

"The latest we've heard about him comes from ten months ago." Jiraiya stated.  Pakkun nodded. 

"Can you write it down so I can give the information to Minato."  Pakkun requested.  Jiraiya stared down at the dog.

"Tell me, how did you find us?  We've made a point to stay hidden and you just come out of the blue asking for favors."  Pakkun shrugged....if a dog could shrug. 

"I'm Kakashi's dog.  What do you expect?"  Pakkun said with a bored yawn.

"Kakashi told you to say that didn't he?"  Pakkun gave Jiraiya a guilty grin. 

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

This chapter did not want to be written.