Secret Meeting

Sakura didn't reply for five days. The day that they were supposed to meet was only four days from when she responded. Naruto opened Sakura's letter.

'Naruto,

It sounds like a lot has been going on over there. A lot has happened here in Suna as well. I can't meet up with you next week, there's a lot of things that I need to work on here. If things here weren't so urgent then I would meet you in a heartbeat.

It seems like you have a good theory if you need to discuss with us about it. Sorry I can't come. You should be able to figure it out. I'll contact you as soon as I can.

Tell Sasuke that I said hi.

-Sakura'

"It's gonna be kinda awkward without Sakura-chan." Naruto mumbled rubbing the back of his neck. Then again, if she had stuff to deal with in Suna then it was better off for her to stay there. He and Sasuke had already set the meeting time, and there wasn't enough time in between to tell Sasuke Sakura couldn't come.

"Jiraiya," Naruto heard his toad companion call. He looked over the situation with interest. Jiraiya stood in front of the two toads with his hands up in the air defensively. Naruto have the sage a weird look before he approached the group.

"What's going on?" He asked loudly. Gamatatsu, who didn't look as frustrated as Gamakichi, looked to Naruto.

"Well Naruto, Gamakichi is upset. The food here doesn't have enough nutrients for us to grow as big as we're supposed to." Gamatatsu explained in an airy voice. Naruto sweatdropped and looked to Jiraiya.

"Uh yeah you deal with that Pervy Sage. I'm leaving. I'll be back in a couple days." Naruto said turning around and making a quick exit.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

"Teme!" Naruto shouted as he ran to his familiar chicken/duck haired teammate. Sasuke, who had noticed the blond, scowled.

"Dobe shut it! People are staring!" Sasuke hissed when Naruto approached. Naruto looked around and laughed.

"Come on teme, loosen up a bit!" Naruto demanded. Sasuke rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"When's Sakura going to get here?" Sasuke asked. Naruto rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and gave Sasuke an apologetic grin.

"She's not coming." Naruto said bluntly. Sasuke blanched at the blond's words.

"What do you mean?"

"She said that she had something important to deal with in Suna!" Naruto claimed.

"If you had told me then we could've waited until she was able to meet with us." Sasuke declared. Naruto was about to retort before he stopped himself. He gave Sasuke a sly grin which unsettled the Uchiha.

"Ya know Sasuke. I think you just want to see Sakura-chan." Naruto raised his eyebrows suggestively and he crossed his arms and leaned towards Sasuke. Sasuke scowled at his teammate and looked away.

"No dobe. It's just better to explain it when we're all there." Sasuke claimed. Naruto nodded acting as if he agreed, though it was obvious that he didn't. "Besides, B and A were very flexible when it came to when I would leave. The didn't mind us meeting." Naruto gasped and put a hand to his heart dramatically.

"SASUKE HOW COULD YOU! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET MEETING!" Naruto whisper shouted. Sasuke slumped his shoulders at his blond friend's stupidity.

"Dobe you never said that! Besides what am I supposed to do? Just disappear for a few days and come back like nothing happened? Yeah great idea!" Sasuke growled. Naruto childishly crosses his arms and huffed.

"Whatever." The blond grumbled. Sasuke sighed and nodded towards an open food stall.

"Let's get some food." Sasuke told the blond. Naruto nodded just as his stomach began to grumble. They walked in the stall and sat down in front of the counter. A worker gave them a menu, which the two quickly scanned over.

"Aww no ramen?" Naruto pouted. Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Doesn't matter. You should focus on ending your only ramen diet." Sasuke told him. Naruto blanched at Sasuke.

"That's insane!" Naruto exclaimed. Sasuke rolled his eyes and called the server over. The two ordered their food before getting to business.

"Naruto." Sasuke began. "Explain everything to me." Naruto nodded, straightening himself in his seat.

"Well," And Naruto began to explain why Gamakichi couldn't return home. He told Sasuke about how Kabuto has a hold on the toad and any other summon that he called. He explained why they thought that Kabuto was keeping the summons. Sasuke soaked in the information like a sponge. Closing his eyes and thinking for a second Sasuke looked at Naruto with a contemplative look.

"Have any other summons appeared?" Sasuke asked. Naruto shook his head.

"None that we know of." Naruto responded.

"Do you think he gave up?" Sasuke suggested.

"Not sure. He might have. But we can't be completely sure." Naruto held back a grin as his food arrived.

"I would assume that he has multiple bases. If that's true, then he could have summons all around the five great nations who don't even know why they're there." Sasuke, unlike Naruto, slowly ate his food. Naruto stopped eating, contemplating Sasuke's idea, before nodding.

"And the only people who know about it is us. We're most likely to pick up the confused summons. Then, Kabuto can track us easier." Naruto claimed with wide eyes. Sasuke sighed and put a hand to his forehead.

"It's smart on his part. But what if we're overthinking this." Sasuke asked.

"Why else would he keep them here? It takes chakra to keep them here. It must be taking a toll on him to do this." Naruto claimed.

"Okay, then what's so special about us? Why does he want to figure out who we are so badly? Say he finds out who we are. What's he planning to do then?" Sasuke asked. Naruto slumped down.

"I don't know." The blond boy admitted as he stared at his empty food bowl distractedly.  The two sat in silence for a couple minutes before Sasuke decided that they should leave. 

"You got the bill?" Sasuke asked standing up.

"Yeah sure." Naruto nodded distractedly before he realized that Sasuke was walking out of the stand. "WAIT TEME!" Naruto shouted.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&

Hey guys! It feels nice to get a chapter uploaded every week! I just want to go ahead and let you guys know that I might be updating slower in the next coming weeks because I start school next Thursday. I'm literally going to scream.

Anyways, guys if you have any opinions or questions about the story, I'm always up for responding!