Chapter 8- Day off

"Eren what are you doing here this early god dammit" Armin says yawning and wiping his eyes.
"Armin come on we have work!" I say pushing into his home and running to his drawers.
"Eren stop!"
"God armin for once it's not me why aren't you rushing?" I look through his drawers and grab a shirt and sweatpants before grabbing a bag and stuffing it in.
"Eren! Stop and listen god dammit we aren't going to work!" I keep going around the drawers untill I'm tackled to the floor.

"Armin I'm on my last strike! I can't be late anymore!" Armin covers my mouth.
"EREN FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY. DID YOU NOT LISTEN TO A WORD I'VE JUST SAID. IT'S 8 IN THE MORNING, I'M NOT CHANGED AND I'VE TOLD YOU I'M NOT GOING TO WORK"
What's he shouting for? Armins scary.... He takes a deep breath and calms down.
"Eren today is a day off. I'll let you stay here since you are up but get your ass away from me you know how angry I get when I'm sleepy and right now I'm on the edge of back handing you. Clean this mess up and I'll see you in an hour." He huffs and angrily stamps back to his room slamming the door.....

Well.... don't I feel stupid.

Ah he probably hates me right now, I should make it up to him. I walk into his room and see him flat out on the bed. Oh... well what do I do? I look at his desk and see an alarm clock. I guess I should make him breakfast or something. I set his alarm clock to 9 and head to his kitchen. He must have something I can use.

Shuffling throught the cupboards I grab some flour, milk, eggs and start to make armin his favourite food.... Pancakes! Vanilla pancakes to be exact. (A/N You have no clue how nice pancakes are with vanilla extract)
I grab some vanilla extract and put some in the pancake mix. Lord knows I can't bake so I keep tasting it to make sure it tastes okay.
I fry them so they are thicker than usual and place them in the microwave to keep them warm. I make sure to melt chocolate and put it in a small bowl and put it next to them.
I look at the clock
8:45
How long did I take to make fucking pancakes?! I quickly chuck the dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on. If this waves up armin I swear to god I don't need another thing to apologise for. I walk up to the kettle amd boil the water till its bubbling. What does he have? Tea or coffee? Ugh. I look through the pots to only find coffee. Well i guess that's my answer. I pour some coffee and place all the food on the table. I look at the clock.
8:55
Good timing. I walk over to the dishwasher and take the now washed dishes out and place them back into the cupboards. I hear the alarm clock go off and then someone groan. I cross my fingers. Please don't shout at me again.
He walks out and sees me.
"Oh uh eren hi. I uh I'm really sorry about earlier I don't know what happenned I was just really tired."
I wave my hands.
"No no i should listen at work and not barge in your home and you know go through your drawers"
"Yeah why am I saying sorry!" He laughs. I shrug. I deserved that"
"Eren why can I smell food?" I gasp.
"Oh right! I made you breakfast to apologise!" He seems to grimace at my words.
"Oh come on my cooking isn't that bad. I spent extra time on this one and made sure it tasted good" He sighs.
"What did you make?" I smile.
"Vanilla pancakes with chocolate sauce!" I see him perk up and smile.
"Really! And you made sure they were edible! Eren thank youu" He runs up to me and hugs me before running to the table to see the pancakes. He tears a piece off and dips it in the chocolate before handing it to me. Confused I tilt my head.

"There's no way I'm taking the first bite" He giggles. Offended I take the pancake and bite into it. Hey it actually tastes nice. I go wide eyed. I can bake! I nod at armin and he smiles taking a bite and stares at me.
"Eren these are great! Thank you! I accept your apology now come eat these with me!" Hey I'm not one to refuse there was a whole batch of  mix worth of pancake there.

We finish off the pancakes while watching the little mermaid because you know ironic and we sang along to ALL the songs. I love days off with Armin. It's the best. After the movie ends I'm conned into making more vanilla pancakes and we eat them before heading out.

We decide to go to the cafe down the road and armin goes to order tea as we have had too much sugar already. It's definitely going to have to be salad later. I see armin go over to the cashier and start talking. He must know them. I decide to look around the coffee shop and my stomach does flips. I see a familiar small girl and the back of a black haired man. Does the world hate me?! Why is he everywhere I go?! I pray he doesn't turn around or I'm literally screwed. Mikasa looks me dead in the eyes. I freeze and put a finger to my mouth. I shake my head and point at levi who is reading while mikasa eats a croissant. She smiles and nods putting a finger over her mouth trying to not giggle. I smile at her and she goes back to eating.

Armin comes back to the table and I turn around. Armin looks confused and looks after the direction I was looking and smirks at me.
"Okay what now" I whine.
"Oh nothing" I huff.
"You do this every time I..." He smirks and raises an eyebrow.
"Want to finish your sentence?" He jokes
"What are you trying to pull?" He just giggles. He whispers something under his breath but looks back up to me.
"Nothing eren stop stressing" I sigh.
"Who were you talking to at the desk, he looks like a horse" Armin giggles.
"Eren that's mean"
"You aren't denying it" I laugh taking a drink of my tea. Armin looks behind me and instantly meet my eyes.
He takes a pen from god knows where and writes on the napkin.

Levi is staring you down
Is he really?
Yeah
Okay so?
You should see how he's staring
What's he doing?
Just looking at you, not glaring though

I look up at armin and just shrug. Nothing to do with me I guess. He's probably just wondering why I'm everywhere they happen to be. To be honest I'm asking myself the same question. But I do always get this wierd awkward feeling in my stomach when I see levi.