Chapter 21- Aquarium

Levi sits on my lap for a while just silently. I'm quite content just sitting like this to be honest. But the question is still buried in my head, what am i too Lev? Am I someone of importance...? Just a friend... no... If i was just a friend we wouldn't have kissed and cuddled like this. It's still eating me up but i suppose I should just forget it, he'll talk to me about it eventually. Lev is like a kitten... he can be angry and feisty but when he wants to be he's cute, cuddly and loving. I smile down at him and I notice he isn't moving. I slowly lean back to get a view of his face... he's asleep... But i need to go home, i have work for 2 more days... I whisper.

"lev, are you asleep?" No reply, he must be. I hear Erwin walk back into the room, he goes to talk but put a finger to my mouth and he nods. He sits infront of us again and just stares at Levi.
"Eren" He says, i turn to him. I shush him but he shakes his head. 
"Levi doesn't even wake up to an alarm dont worry" I nod hesitantly before stroking his hair. 
"You've done something to him you know" I look at Erwin and tilt my head. I've done something to him?

"How?" He smiles. "This" He says motioning to the boy curled onto my lap sleeping. "Isn't the Levi i grew up with" He chuckles. I look down at the boy in my lap.
"But wh-" 
"He seeks comfort with you, he trusts you enough to let down his walls, he's never acted like this with anyone from childhood. The people he's grown up with? If they touch him they may as well get a new hand." He chuckles... So... He likes me back? I feel my heart jump with joy and i grin widely. 

"Who kissed who?" He chuckles and I smirk chuckle while I wrap my arms tight around him. He looks at me in disbelief and he says "Really?" I chuckle and nod, I look back at him. 
"So you like him?" Erwin says looking at me... i mean it's pretty obvious right? But do i want to verbally admit it. I feel my face heat up a little bit but turn to Erwin.

"Yeah," I smile at Levi. "I really do" I say proudly and Erwin smiles bright. "This is great! Because I'm pretty sure he likes you to!" I smile and i feel  Levi shift underneath me. "Shut up Erwin" Levi mumbles and I chuckle. Oh god he must have heard me.
"Wakey Wakey Lev i have to  go home" Levi's head snaps up. "Already?" I smile and nod. He huffs before asking the time. Erwin responds with 9pm. He lies down on me again and just simply says. 
"It's too late, just stay here" I scoff.
"Lev i just like 15 minutes away, plus I'm working tomorrow!" I laugh. He looks up at me. "1) Its not safe if Kenny knows who you are and 2) You work in the same place as Erwin,you can go together, he's staying as well" I sigh. He nuzzles into my neck and i flinch at the feel of his breath on my neck.
"Leeeeev" He covers my mouth. 
"Lev!" I say through his  hands. "I need clothes and yours definitely wont fit me." He looks off into the distance thinking.  
"Erwin's clothes! Then you said there was always clothes at  the aquarium you leave just in case!" He smirks. I smirk back and say one word.

"Azul" He groans and looks at the ground. I stand up and place Levi on the couch. "Lev i'll see you for mikasa's birthday party tomorrow night okay?" He nods and stands up before walking me out. 
"Text me if you see someone sketchy Eren, I mean it" I roll my eye and smile at him. "Nobody will bother me Lev" He glares at me. "I thought nobody would bother me!" He snaps back and I nod. "I will Lev, don't worry your pretty face" I smirk and chuckle when his face goes slightly red. I go to walk away when i feel arms around me. I lift an arm and look behind me to see Lev wrapped around me. I wrap an arm around him and kiss his forehead before heading to the front gate leaving a flustered Levi as i look up at the dark sky. The stars look pretty and i send a smile Levi's way and wave before heading through the streets. Everything is quiet and empty at night here in Trost so most of the crime happenns but i'm not worried.  The streets are really empty so if i see anyone ill notice them pretty fast and just walk away. 

I plan to ask Levi to be my boyfriend friday night as it's pretty obvious we both feel the same about each other. Lev is a wierd character, to everyone else he's cold and strong but when he's with me he's all warm and caring, maybe even weak. He really is something. 

I carry on walking down the streets and alleys till i see my house in my view. I hear a crunch behind me and i turn around to see nobody, I definitely heard that... I carry on walking but keeping my ears open for any movement but i can't hear anymore. I shrug it off and walk into my home. Flicking the lights i see Azul curled up on a blanket i left on the couch. I smile and stroke her head. She openes her eyes and meows at me. I giggle and pick her up into my chest where she begins to paddle and purr. She really took a liking to me. I fill up her food before turning on my game console before mentally scolding myself and turning it off.

"No Eren! You have work tomorrow! Get some sleep" I manage to convince myself to grab an appleand a glass of water before changing into a tank top and shorts. I jump into bed and just lay there with Azul on my chest. Levi was just so perfect to me. Things have advanced so much since we first met at the aquarium. I chuckle a little at the memory of trying to make him smile by blowing him a bubble kiss. I'm really fortunate for having new friends in my life. I drift off happily and the darkness overwhelms my body

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and hear a knocking at my door. I actually get out of my bed for  the first time in my life. I slept really well last night and i open the front door.
"Morning Armin" I smile and he looks at me confused. 
"Eren what happenned to you?" I walk up to a mirror and everything seems normal.
"What?" I turn to him.
"NO! Your attitude! Its friday, you aren't telling me to go home AND you are happy!" I chuckle and I go to the kitche pulling out a small box i made for Armin. I hand it to him. "These are the ingredients exactly for 5 batches of vanilla pancakes!" He looks at me and smiles wide before hugging me. "Thanks Eren" I chuckle and get changed. 

I walk back out and Armin smirks at me. "What?" He laughs.
"Im really smart Eren" I roll my eyes. "Yes i know you graduated with straight A*'s" He chuckles.
"Yeah but I also think im owed 50" He says. Why would he need 50?
"Huh?"
"You and Levi" He smirks. I roll my eyes. 
"Armin quit the smirking it doesn't suit your face" He huffs and we walk out of the house.

"Okay i wont ask for 50 but what's going on?" I mean Armin is my best friend i can tell him this stuff.
"I kissed him" I said bluntly and Armin screams. 
"WHAT WHEN" I chuckle and shrug. "Yesterday" He walk right next to me. "D-Did he kiss back" He whispers and I chuckle slightly. 
"Yup" I say still looking ahead. Armin's eyes widen and he looks very interested...
"Like full on kissingor like a peck" I go red. 
"Why are you so determined to know so much" I say defensively and he smiles. "YOU DID" He says amused.
"Who takes control, im guessing it's Levi, he's really cold and looks controlling" He says mainly to himself but i smirk slightly knowing very well he takes on the sterotypical 'girl' role in the relationship. Relationship... I wish. I turn, still smirking, to see Armin looking at me with wide eyed. 
"You? Really!?" He says in disbelief and i shrug smugly. 
"What can i say?" I joke and we reach the aquarium early for once. I see Erwin and Hanji opening the doors and i pat them on the back seeing their confused faces. Armin shrugs.
"He's in a ridiculosly good mood, he said morning to me with a smile when i knowcked on his door" I turn to them and smile. I love winding them up. Erwin smirks and  i realise what he's getting at and flip him off before chuckling. I hear Armin gasp and run after me. "E-Eren! He's our boss!" Armin panics.
"Armin chill, he's mine and Levi's friend" Armin lets out a breath and shrugs. 
"There's loads of things i don't know about you anymore" He says getting changed. "A-Armin...?" He looks at me.
"S-Sorry! It's just... we don't really hang out anymore... we used to be really close. When we spent the day together earlier this week that was the first time we had done that in months" He sighs and tells me to forget it but I grab his arm.
"Armin, I'm sorry" I whisper he turns to me and waves it off. "No... I'm sorry just forget I said anything Eren" I sigh. "Well just so you know" He looks at me
"You are my best friend, I couldn't replace you for anyone or anything you are too important to me. I'm sorry we don't hang out as much as we used to but I really enjoy when we do. Don't even think for a second you don't mean a lot to me okay?" He smiles and nods. I pull him into a hug and ruffle his hair. "Armin you are like a brother to me" He looks at me smiling wide, "Really!?" He shouts happily. I smile and nod as we walk to the pool room. 

It's Mika's birthday today... I wonder if they will come to the aquarium, I hope so, that weird family have changed me too much and I really want to wish her a happy birthday.

And tonight, I'm making Levi smile!