Chapter 4

Nicole scoffed as she picked the dried leaves on the grass. She was still wearing her old clothes, it was freezing outside. She didn't even have an overcoat. If she stayed outside any longer for sure she would be frostbitten.

The surrounds of the yard were extremely creepy, Nicole tried to avoid the scary scenery. She tried to focus on her work but the cold just made it harder. She shivered as she closed her eyes and hugged herself.

Suddenly she heard a twitch from the bush ahead of her. She looked away, her curious nature didn't help. She gave up and walked in the direction of the noise. She slowly walked in the thick jungle.

As she reached a little farther she realised it was nothing. She turned back and wanted to return back to the yard but her vision got blurry. She quivered and her body began freezing internally. She put a hand on her chest as she felt numb. Her body temperature was dropping and her lips went pale.
She slowly sinked to the ground unconscious.

************************************************

"So the omegas can train along with them. Also Jimin try contacting the alpha of Rio, he might update us on the ghouls." Jimin nodded and said "Uh.. so where's the girl?" Jungkook flipped through the files without looking at Jimin. He answered "Yeah she is cleaning my yard." Jimin nodded and Jungkook continued his work until he felt the need to hear her heartbeat. He was an expert at picking human heartbeats but right now he couldn't hear Nicole's heart. He heard more carefully and relaised her pulse was slowing, an unknown emotion of fear ran in him. He could feel her cold heart, something was wrong with her he realised.

He jumped outside the balcony and ran in the direction of her heartbeat, he carefully heard it and felt her pulse drop. He reached the yard and looked for her. He groaned in frustration. He Banged his fist on the wall causing his cabin to shake.

He tried to catch her scent, he has to find her nothing can happen to her he thought.

***********************************************

Nicole mouth was going dry. She was going to die soon she thought. The cold was getting to her. She felt someone sit next to her. She slowly opened her weak eyelids to take a look at the person in front of her. Someone turned her body, she looked at the person and through her blurry vision, he was a man with golden eyes, he was slightly pale. Nicole spoke gibberishly. The person in front of her opened his mouth. She saw his mouth had huge fangs, they were stained with blood. She was wanted to scream and push him away buy her strength capacity was zero.

The person leaned in next to her neck and she felt his cold breath on her neck. He sunk his fangs in her, she was I'm excruciating pain, no amount of words could explain what she felt. Her tears spilled on her cheeks. Until she felt the fangs withdraw out of her neck. The person in front of her ran with inhuman speed. She heard her name being called out by a familiar voice.

Jungkook finally saw Nicole laying on a grass, he knew she was frost bitten, he knelt next to her and picked her up. He was worried , he wanted her to be safe and he blamed himself for this. He held Nicole's body. Jungkook said "Hey... keep your eyes open, ill make everything okay. Just be close to me." He put a hand under her waist and pushed her body onto his. He was trying to give her his warmth as He held her tightly.

He carried her and walked back to his cabin. He kept her body very close to his, her body was so cold that it felt like a corpse.

Jungkook walked inside his bedroom and placed Nicole on the ground, she felt his warmth go away, she wanted Jungkook to hold her again. She lifted her hand with little strength left in her. Jungkook held her hand and said "Ill just light the fire." Nicole nodded. The cold made her unable to speak.

As Jungkook lit the fireplace, he took Nicole and placed her on his lap. She buried her face in his chest, he kept her in his embrace as he knew that his warmth will help her. She shivered a little. But Jungkook kept rubbing her back.

Soon Nicole feel asleep in his arms, Jungkook looked at her as her complexion became brighter. He saw her face carefully and studied her details. He stroked her hair. She was beautiful he thought but she was a mundane. He could never fall for her.