An (A)Typical September 1st

It was the beginning of another school year, and the routine for the Potter/Scamander/Longbottom/Granger-Weasley families.

The Potters, Scamanders, Longbottoms, and Granger-Weasleys were getting their children to Platform 9 and 3/4s, off to another year of Hogwarts.

At about 3 in the afternoon Neville invited the friends over for butterbeers. As they slurped up the fuzzy and delicious bubbles, they laughed as they reencountered old DA meetings.

That night, they all went to bed smiling.

•••
*BUMP* As Harry sat up, he hit his head hard on the strangely low ceiling. He heard a shrill voice that sounded strangely like his Aunt Petunia and a sharp knock on the door. He rubbed his eyes, telling himself it was just another bad dream. But when he shoved his glasses on his face, it was confirmed: he was back in his cupboard.

Ron yawned, as he reached over to put his arm around Hermione. To his surprise, his hands grabbed something small and squeaky. His face paled when he saw a beat up brown rat with his one of its toes missing, squirming in Ron's hands.

Hermione sat up in bed and stretched. When opening her eyes, she did not see the room she shared with Ron, which was filled with shelves of books and Chudley Cannon posters. When she looked over in the mirror across from the bed, she nearly screamed at the bushy mess that she saw.

Ginny woke up with a weird feeling. She always felt if something was wrong before her friends did. She supposed it was the result of being possessed by a teenaged Voldemort. Ginny felt very uncomfortable. It couldn't be her period, she got them at the end of the month. She looked down, and saw she was in a ratty old nightdress. She wondered why. She always wore shorts and a old te-shirt to bed. She looked around and saw she was in a single bed, and the room seemed strangely familiar. She reached up to her hair and gasped. She hadn't worn her hair short since she was ten...

Luna, as usual, woke up from a deep and dreamy sleep. As she stretched and yawned, she noticed almost all of the portraits on her ceiling were missing. In fact, now only her parents were smiling down at her. No Ginny or Hermione, no Ron or Harry, no Neville or Rolf. Not even the adorable faces of Lysander and Lorcan graced the ceiling. Funnily enough, Luna couldn't even hear the snores of her husband Rolf next to her. How peculiar...

Neville woke up from another dream, well, nightmare, about his parents. He hadn't had such a nightmare since his 7th year. And he had sweared he had seen his mother screaming, as if trying to tell him something. He's spiked the butterbeers!  She had cried. All six of you! Before Neville could ask her what she ment, Bellatrix shot the Crusiatis Curse on her, while one of the Lestrange brothers shot Neville back. Bellatrix cackled, saying she needed not to preform the curse on him, as all she needed to do was make him watch his parents be drived into insanity, was enough to make him make as well. He found he was extremely uncomfortable, and reached for his wand to cast a healing charm for his pounding headache. It wasn't there. Getting out of bed, he stumbled. The dreams, no wand, the extra clumsiness, Neville realized. It could only mean one thing...

All six of them realized it at exact same moment:
THEY WENT BACK IN TIME- TO 1991!