[8]: YOU DID WHAT

Hermione was walking to the loo when she heard some sixth years talking.

"Did you hear that supposed mass murderer Sirius Black was found innocent?"

"Yes, he was set up. Some guy name Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger, and faked his own death."

Hermione's face reddened. "Harry James Potter." She mumbled. "Ronald Bilius Weasley. If you two did what I think you did, you are both in big trouble. 

Harry and Ron were trying to navigate the world via the short life when a very angry Hermione stormed over. She was smaller than both boys, yet she seemed to tower over them in her fury.

"You turned in Pettigrew, didn't you." she hissed. "Do you know what could happen to the timeline?"

"Well, we weren't going to let him spy on us for the next three years, were we?" Ron said defensively.

"Well, now Voldemort may not return, and Harry can't defeat him!" Hermione told them angrily.

Harry and Ron looked at each other. "We were only thinking of Sirius." Harry said sheepishly.

Hermione's tone softed. "I know. I miss him too."

Suddenly an owl flew at them, dropping a letter at their feet. 

Harry picked it up and read it. "It's from Dumbledore. I need to go to his office after dinner."