[6]: Teddy

Teddy Lupin just wanted to borrow some sugar. He was only trying to send James, Albus, Lily, Rose and Hugo cupcakes. He had NOT wanted to discover his godparents unconscious in their bedroom.

                                                                                          -------

It was a windy morning in Ottery St Catchpole. Around noon the day before, Teddy went to borrow some sugar from his godparents' house. To any person who hadn't been told the password, it looked like where he was going was an empty field. Teddy, however, saw a small little town. It had six little houses in two neat little lines. At the end, there was a tall house that looked like it an several houses staked on. And the little street had a long table in the middle. This was the Burrow.

Teddy headed to one of the houses at the end of the road. It was the home of the Potters, his god-family. 

"Harry!" He called. "Ginny!" When he got no answer, he let himself in with the key Harry had given him when Teddy had moved out. 

He carefully made his way through the house, trying to avoid James' prank products. The house was quiet for the Potter house. Even when Teddy's god-siblings weren't around, you could usually find Harry, Ron and Ginny arguing about Quidditch in the kitchen, while Hermione sat reading a book. Teddy very much had to agree with Ginny. The Holyhead Harpies were the best team, but perhaps he was being prejudice because he was raised by one of their star chasers.

Teddy decided to look in Harry and Ginny's bedroom. Perhaps they had a late night and took a calming drought before bed.

Teddy opened the door to find his godparents in bed. "Harry? Ginny? Wake up."

Suddenly, Harry's arm sprung up and landed on his forehead. "Ahhhgggg!" he cried.

Teddy paled. "Harry?" He peered at Harry curiously, and Teddy saw the lightning-bolt shaped scar on Harry's forehead was darker thsn usual, and the skin around it was red and bulging. Ginny didn't move at all.

Teddy quickly ran out of the room, the house, and next door, to the home of the Granger-Weasleys.

"Ron! Hermione!" Again he got no answer. He let himself in, and went straight to the bedroom. 

Ron and Hermione were in their bed, the same state as Harry and Ginny. Silent, still, but breathing.

Teddy didn't know what else to do. He apperated to Hogsmaede.

"Ello, Teddy! Want a butterbeer?" He heard Hagrid call from The Three Broomsticks. 

"Maybe later, Hagrid!" Teddy shouted back.

Teddy ran through the little village, to the castle known as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He ran through the building before stopping at at a gargoyle. 

"Tabby Cat." Teddy huffed, out of breath. The gargoyle nodded and Teddy ran into the office. There sat a witch at a desk in emerald robes. Everyone knew her, some as Hogwarts headmistress Professor Mcgonagall, others knew her as that, and  war hero.  

Professor Mcgonagall looked up in surprise. "Mr. Lupin! What in the name of merlin are you doing here?"

Teddy then proceeded to tell her about his godparents, and the Granger-Weasleys, how they seemed alive, yet unconscious. Professor Mcgonagall listen attentively, nodding her head.

"Well Mr. Lupin," Professor Mcgonagall grabbed her wand from the desk. "I suppose  we will need to go investigate?"

"Yes, ma'am." Teddy nodded.

Professor Mcgonagall went quiet. When she spoke, it was hesitant. "Mr. Lupin, if I may...

"Yes, Professor?" 

"Would it be possible, or even necessary, to bring the children along?"

"No."

"I know, it's just they might have seen something."

"Well," Teddy reconsidered. There was no way he wanted Lily and Hugo to know, or Rose and Albus. James, he was good at secret keeping... 

"James."

"Dumbledore. Animagus. Transfiguration. Ca-" 

"Oh good, Potter, you're here." Professor Mcgonagall came out of her office.

"You wanted to see me, Professor?" James asked nervously. "I've not done any pranking yet, it's only the first day back-"

Professor Mcgonagall waved her hand dismissively. "Not about that, Potter, we have a severe situation to dealt with. Mr. Lupin, you'd be better to explain."

To James' great shock, his godbrother, Teddy, had come out behind Professor Mcgonagall. He looked sad.

Avoiding James' eyes, Teddy told him about his parents. James' eyes grew wider with each word.

"So you're saying that my parents, uncle and aunt, are unconscious?" James summarized.

"Yeah, pretty much." Teddy replied glumly.

"Now, Mr. Potter, did you parents seem strange yesterday?" Professor Mcgonagall asked.

"Not that I know of." James said slowly.

"James, you have to keep quiet about this. No one can know." Teddy pleaded.

"I will." James promised.

"Off to class, then, Potter." Professor Mcgonagall said gently.

As James walked off, Teddy turned to his old professor. "Let's go, then."

Two hours later, Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had been levitated into a private room at St. Mungos. Over time, Luna and Neville's limp bodies joined them. Aurors, healers, even potionists had come to do tests on the six adults, though Teddy suspected one of the potionists had only wanted a chance to touch the Harry Potter. No one could determine the state of the Golden and Silver Trios.

"They are alive." One healer assured Teddy. "But until we can figure out what happened to them, they'll stay like this."

"Could it be a muggle illness?" Teddy asked.

The healer smiled, and shook her head sadly. "I'm afraid not. I'm muggle born, and there is not any disease like this. It's powerful Dark Magic."

And way later on, a seventh and possibly eighth bed was added to the little hospital room. 

Hey guys! This has got to be one of the longest chapters I've ever written. Over 1,000 words, if you include this Author's Message. How do you feel about the chapter? Like it? Hate it? Need more Hinny/Romione fluff? Let me know in the comments.

I hoped you like what happened in the present. @PercabethHinny's story (which this is based on) didn't really give a reason for the unexpected time travel, and I wanted some of that. The story will mostly be with the G & S Trios, with occasional bits of Teddy.

Also, how bout that cliffhanger? I know, I'm evil. 😉 And sorry, but the other person who unexpectically time travels won't do until way later in the story. And maybe I'll add another person after that, but who knows? But don't worry, it will be worth the wait. I don't think anyone will see it coming... *Laughs evilly*

Feel free to comment who you think it might be. And if you guess it right, (which I doubt) you will get a shoutout in that chapter.