[5]: STUPID RAT

"Granger, Hermione."

GRYFINDOR!

"Longbottom, Neville."

GRYFINDOR!

"Potter, Harry." 

GRYFINDOR!

"We got Potter! We got Potter!"

"Weasley, Ronald."

GRYFINDOR!

"So it's final?" Harry asked Ron, who nodded. They had just snuck away from Hermione and Neville, and were on their way to Dumbledore's office.

"Wait." Ron stopped suddenly in his tracks. "We've only supposedly known each other for a few hours." 

Harry smacked himself. "Dumbledore will be suspicious. You're right!"

Ron put Scabbers/Pettigrew in his robes. "Go back to the comon room. Dumbledore will probobly call you to his office anyway." 

Harry grinned. "And remember, the password is a candy."

*Ron*

"Jelly Slugs. Chocolate Caldron. Sugar Quill-"

Ron marveled as the gargoyles let him enter. He had only been in here a few times- Harry had been here more times than even Hermione could count. Between lessons with Dumbledore, and meeting Minerva about James, Harry had been here a lot. 

"How can I help you, young man?" Dumbledore's voice came from the center of the room.

"I'm sorry, sir. Am I interrupting something?" Ron asked nervously. 

"No," Dumbledore's eyes still had that sparkle in his eyes, and Ron's shoulders relaxed a bit. "But it is peculiar how a first year student managed to find my office and guess the password, on the first night of term no less. Why, might I ask, do you need to see me?"

"My rat, sir." Ron took out Scabbers' cage from his robes. "I heard Harry Potter would be in my year, so my family started talking about him non-stop. Scabbers hides whenever we mention Voldemort."

"May I see him?" Ron nodded and handed a squirming Scabbers to Dumbledore, who looked him over very carefully. 

"What's your name, young man?" Dumbledore sat up, and looked Ron in the eyes.

"Ron Weasley, sir." 

"Ah, another Weasley." Dumbledore chuckled. "I was unfortunate to be pranked by your brothers last year. My robes turned into a rather silly ballerina grown, and my hair and beard shaped into roses. It was quite funny, actually. I was called 'Prima Dumblerina' for weeks."

"Anyway, Mr. Weasley, with your permission, I would like to preform a spell that, if indeed this is not truly a rat, show it."

Ron nodded, trying not to seem excited. "Yes sir. Is it possible Scabbers is an Animagus?"

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows. "You know what an Animagus is?"

"A witch or wizard who can turn into an animal at will, sir."

"Correct." Dumbledore looked pleased.

"Animalis Novis!" Dumbledore cried. A blue light blasted from his wand, and where Scabbers was, Petigrew now sat, his small mustache hairs twitching. As soon as he realiezed what had happened, he ran for the door. 

"Incarcerous!" Dumbledore pointed his wand at Petigrew, who was instantly tied up with ropes and gagged. 

He turned to Ron. "You are dissmissed, Mr Weasley. Thank you so very much. 50 points to Gryffindor."

Ron smiled as he left. "You deserved it, you stupid rat."

Author's Note: There is no known incantation for the Animagus reversal spell, so I made one up. 'Animalis Novis' means 'reverse animal'. So, yeah. :)

Hope you like the story so far!

Love, Grace