[4]: Some Quick Kisses

Btw, this is after Hagrid visits. Harry has Hedwig again. YAY!

><>< Harry ><><

"Pass the bacon, boy." Uncle Vernon snapped.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon."Harry said.

Harry had spent the last few weeks trying to have a better relationship with Aunt Petunia and Dudley, but knew Uncle Vernon would be a lost case.

"Biggest deal of deal of my life, this is." Uncle Vernon boasted. "Now, if you excuse me, I need to get ready for the meeting. We'll be shopping for a summer home in Ireland this time tomorrow!!" He shouted as he ran out the room.

"So, Aunt Petunia. Are you working in the garden today?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Yes." She looked at him strangely.

"May I help you?" 

"I-" She started. "Yes. Yes you may. I haven't started the lilies yet, work on those."

"Can I help, Mum?" Dudley, surprisingly taking everyone's plates up, asked.

Aunt Petunia looked just as shocked as Harry felt. "Of course, Duddy-kins."

The three of them worked in the garden for a while in silence. Harry worked on the lilies, Dudley on the daisies, and Aunt Petunia on the petunias. After a while, Dudley tried to crack duck jokes to stop the tension in the air. Aunt Petunia and Harry laughed feebly at his attempt to imitate a duck in a fight with a chicken.

"Did you boys know that your grandmother's name was Daisy?" Aunt Petunia thought suddenly. Dudley and Harry looked at each other and shook their heads. 

"It's a tradition to name daughters after flowers in my family." Aunt Petunia continued. "It's also tradition to plant the flowers of your family members in your garden." 

"Is that why we're planting daisies, petunias and lilies?" Dudley inquired. "For you, grandma, and Aunt Lily?"

"Yes, Dudley. Harry, pass me some dirt, will you?" 

"Here, Aunt Petunia."

That night, Harry lied in bed thinking. Dudley hadn't call Harry's mum 'Aunt Lily' until Harry had found the Dursleys after the war. And Aunt Petunia, Harry really appreciated that she was my mum's sister, even more than when she heard Voldemort had returned.

"Aunt Petunia?" It was the next morning, and Harry had only just realized that he needed a ride to London. 

"Oh, yes. You'll be needing a ride to King's Cross, won't you?" Aunt Petunia replied absentmindedly. "Well, then. Get in the car."

"Can I come too, Mum? Harry?" Dudley came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

Aunt Petunia looked so surprise, Harry thought she was going to burst. "Of course, Dudders. Let's go, boys. 

At the station

Aunt Petunia looked nervously at her watch. "Harry. You are going to miss the train."

Harry looked down at his ticket and pretended to look confused. "But Aunt Petunia. My ticket says my train is at Platform 9 and 3/4s."

Dudley frowned and Harry showed him his ticket. "But Mum. That doesn't exist. Does it?" Dudley looked around the station, his eyes searching for the platform.

Aunt Petunia look around for anyone within earshot. Then she leaned in and whispered, "Walk through the wall between 9 and 10. Now, goodbye Harry." Harry gave her and Dudley each a quick hug and walked over to the Platform.