Chapter 5 - The Dinner

Natsu Pov

After school I decided to shoot some hoops in the backyard. After a couple hours of this, my mom called me inside.

“Yea mom?” I said while wiping sweat from forehead with one arm and the basketball leaning against my hip with the other.

“For dinner we were invited to the neighbors house. Make sure you have your homework done and are somewhat presentable before we go over there.”

“Ok! Are dad or Wendy joining us?” I ask as I place the ball on the counter and grab a glass of water.

“No dad has some work thing and Wendy is going to a friends house for the night. Also how many times do I have to tell you this? NO BASKETBALLS ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER!!” She grabbed my ball and threw it at me.

I caught it with one hand, while drinking the last bit of water in my glass. “Sorry mom.” I placed the cup in the sink and walked over to the sliding patio door and open it. I toss the basketball into the pin with all the sportsstuff. I closed the door and head up stairs.

After I am upstairs I grab my phone from my pocket as I head to my room. Once in my room I grab my towel and my bluetooth speaker. I scroll through Instagram as I walk to the bathroom.
Once inside the bathroom I place my phone and speaker on to the counter. I placed my towel on the towel rack and closed the door. I pick up my phone again and turn on my speaker. The phone and speaker connect and I start blasting music.

I walk over to the shower and turn it on. While the water is beating up I remove my clothing. After the water is to the temperature of my liking, I hop in.

Time skip

After my shower I worked on my homework. I got stuck on a couple subjects and gave up. I walk down the stairs. “Hey mom?” I call out.

My mom walks around the corner. “Yes?”

“I guess I am done with my homework. I have a couple subjects I have a hard time with. I promise after dinner when we get back home I will work on it more.”

“That's fine hunny. You can just do it when we get home. Hey you ever think about getting a tutor? You have good enough grades to keep you on the basketball team but they are slowly falling. Can't have you getting kicked off the team. I wouldn't stop hearing you complain how you got kicked off the basketball team for weeks.” she laughed.

“Ha ha so funny but in all seriousness I haven't thought about it. Good idea! Anyways when we heading next door. I would like to meet the people I have lived next to all my life. Kinda weird I haven't met them yet.”

In all the time of my family living in this house we haven't meet out next door neighbours. I think my parents have met the parents but no one else. I think they have a daughter around my age but I don't know. Also it's not like we don't want to meet them but growing up me and my sister always was busy with sports and other things. I am happy I finally get to meet them to day.

“Yea I think it's time we head over. Let's go meet the neighbors.”

We walked out of our house together. My mom locked the door and we made our short walk next door. We walked up the outside steps and I rang the doorbell. After a minute the door opened and both me and my mom were a little surprised to find out who opened the door. It was Lucy. What are the chances that the girl you hit with a basketball in the head happens to have lived next to you almost all your life.

Lucy Pov

All I could do was stand and stare at them with shock. What the actual hell was Natsu doing here, at my house?