Chapter 8: Pain

Lucy Pov

I sat on the floor for a good couple minutes in dream land. Then it hit me. I have to text Levy and tell her what just happened! I got up from my floor and ran to my bedroom. I hopped on my bed mid text.

Lucy: Omg omg omg Levy guess what?!?!

A sat on my bed just staring at the ceiling waiting for her response. Soon enough my phone buzzes from a notification. I quickly read her message and text back.

Levy: What??

Lucy: So Natsu just left!

Levy: AND??? How did it go!?!

Lucy: Before he left he GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER!!!

Levy: OMGGGGGGG LU!!! SPILL I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! GIVE ME THE DETS!!

Lucy: So we worked on our project, I helped him with his homework and we had dinner with my dad. Right after dinner he left but right before he left he gave me his number so it would be easier to communicate during our project!

Levy: Sounds like you had a cute little study date!! I am so happy for you Lu!!

Lucy: I can't believe I have Natsu number omg!!!

Levy: Me too!! So did you give him yours!?!

Lucy: Omg!! Nooo!! That means I have to text him so he has my number!! Omg omg what am I going to say??? How long should I wait to text him?? LEVYYYY HELPPPP MEEE!!!

Levy: Don’t you worry! Your best friend is here to save the day. Don’t text him until tomorrow during lunch when I can help you!

Lucy: Omg thank you so much!! You're a lifesaver!

Levy:  I know I am lol jk

~Time Skip - Next Day~

Me and Levy spent the rest of the night talking. I was so grateful to have Natsu’s number but also a best friend to talk with about him. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

I had decided to go to bed early because my head started to hurt but I couldn’t sleep very well. I tossed and turned all night. I don’t know if had anything to do with the excitement and nervousness I felt about having natsu’s number or if it was something else.

Once I finally had fallen asleep it was early hours in the morning leaving me with only a couple hours of sleep. So much for going to bed early.

I was sitting in my second period of the day not paying attention at all. I had my head on the desk because I was extremely tired and my head was pounding. It was probably from the lack of sleep mixed with my concussion.

I wasn't even paying attention to anything the teacher was talking about. My head hurt to much. This felt the same from when I first got my concussion. For the whole period I just sat there with my head on my desk trying to make the pain go away but nothing worked.

It was about 10 minutes before class was over. I didn't want to move to leave and go to my next class but I knew if I didn't leave now I would regret it later on and my head would hurt worst because of it.

Right before I lifted my head to start packing up my things I feel a hand on my shoulder and my name being called, softly.

“Lucy.”

I lifted my head a little off the desk and turned to see who was calling my name. Its Natsu. He kneels down to and looks in to my eyes. I could see a little bit of concern on his face.