Chapter 11 - Presenting the Project

Lucy Pov

I took one more deep breath and followed Natsu into the classroom. As we sat down Mrs. Strauss started to explain how the presentations would work. I had a hard time focusing when all I could think about was Natsu's strong arms around me. I took a deep breath like Natsu had helped me to calm down and did my best to listen.

Me and Natsu were going to be presenting around in the middle of all the presentations. I liked that a lot more than the thought of going first which I was worried about. Soon the presentations started and watching each one made me calm down but get more nervous at the same time. I relaxed when I saw how others presented and learned from them. On the other hand, I became more nervous because with each presentation it got closer to Natsu and I's turn. Then I heard those dreaded words.

"Natsu and Lucy, it's your turn. Come on up."

I looked back at Natsu who had a big smile on his face. I was shaikly standing up and he came up next to me. He patted my back and whispered in my ear. "It will be ok Lucy. We got this."

I smiled and blushed at his actions. I then stood up a little more confident and followed Natsu up to the front of the classroom. Natsu thankfully started to talk first.

"Hi guys! So first off we decided to do the extra credit. So we made a powerpoint and a posterboard."

Natsu then set up the poster board while I got the power point ready. Soon everything was good to go and I stood on the other side in front of the class with the remote that changed the slides. Natsu looked at me and smiled indicating I should speak.

"So...um...we had...the...Draco Constellation."

I changed the slide on the power point which showed the constellation while Natsu pointed to the poster board. Natsu started to speak again and I changed the slide once more as he pointed to a different part of the board.

"The Draco constellation lies in the third quadrant of the northern hemisphere and can be seen at latitudes between +90° and -15°. It is the eighth largest constellation in the night sky and occupies an area of 1083 square degrees."

Natsu paused and waited for me to go next. We did the same routine with the powerpoint and poster board.

The...brightest star...in the Draco constellation is ...The Gamma Draconis. It's magnitude is 2.4 ...outshining Beta Draconis by nearly half a magnitude and Alpha Draconis by over a magnitude.....so in other words...its a very bright star."

I chuckled a little at the last part, dumbing it down for some people in the class, my partner being one of them. Changing the slide Natsu pointed and spoke again.

"So the most exciting thing about this constellation is that it's name is latian for dragon and it symbolises the Dragon. The name is derived from the Latin term draconem, meaning "huge serpent," and the constellation literally snakes its way through the northern sky."

"The Draco Constellation.....is one of the largest constellations in the sky with 14 main stars, 19 stars with planets and 76 bayer/Flamsteed stars.....Despite its size and designation as the eighth-largest constellation, Draco, the "dragon" constellation, is not especially prominent."

Natsu then got excited about the next part of the presentation. The myth behind the star. "Now I am going to talk about the mythology behind the constellation!" Natsu then pulled out the essay we wrote on the constellation and began to read the mythology behind it.

"The name Draco has been linked to several dragons in Greek mythology. One version is that Cadmus slayed the dragon Draco in his quest to find his sister, Europa, who had been taken to Crete by Zeus. In another account, the Athenian goddess Minerva took Draco by the tail and put it into the sky during the Battle for Mount Olympus. Draco has also been identified in early Christianity as the serpent that tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden."